AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday the 18th, HBO-HD will present Ghostbusters and Blue Streak, two of its highest quality HD transfers, in an apparent effort to torture the viewers by making them realize what they have been missing with HBO-HD's recent HD transfers. Do not watch if you own a high quality projector and are currently happy with recent HBO HD transfers. Also on Sunday, Showtime-HD will present The Inspectors 2: A Shred of Evidence and Mission Impossible 2, both of which have vastly higher effective resolution than recent HBO-HD transfers. Note that the Inspectors 2 is listed as "UPCONV" in the schedule, but this is a mistake - it's very high picture quality HDTV.

HBO-HD schedule for Sunday the 18th
Showtime-HD schedule for November

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Inspectors is definately HDTV. I watched it several months ago. It is getting very difficult to figure out from the showtime schedule what is and what isn't an upconvert.

At least they are now showing some new movies in pure HD such as Wonder Boys, Virgin Suicides, Bless the child. All of those were not listed as HD in the original showtime shedule but they are listed as HD in the very user-unfriendly online schedule.

Bernhard

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I would like to hear more information about this. I have been going by the schedule to see what exactly Showtime-HD has to offer, and based on that, I haven't seen fit to add a Dish Network setup. But if many of the ones marked as upconverts are actually HD, it's important information for my procurement processes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.