AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
West Wing Reunion: Sterling K. Brown to Play Leo in HBO Max Special

Two-time Emmy winner Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us) will portray White House chief of staff Leo McGarry in HBO Max’s upcoming West Wing reunion special...John Spencer played the role on the NBC political drama, and won an Emmy along the way, until his death midway through filming the seventh and final season...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
So HBO Max is doing a West Wing reunion special even though they don't currently stream past seasons?
They are just greasing the skids. As soon as the Netflix streaming rights expire, I bet all seven (7) seasons will be heavily promoted as an HBO Max exclusive.

Reactions: Zookster

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Guess we will find out if they think the HBO Max series can precede the movie. Perhaps use it as an interest building event leading up to the movie release. That puts it in a Q3 2021 release window.
that sucks about the movie getting delayed...that's a long delay too...I don't know how movie theaters are going to survive without some sort of gov't bailout

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
that sucks about the movie getting delayed...that's a long delay too...I don't know how movie theaters are going to survive without some sort of gov't bailout
Looks like moving Dune also impacts THE BATMAN.

·
Registered
27,436 Posts
I'm guessing there is not a lot of demand for that particular form of real estate. It's not like these modern multiplexes could be easily repurposed to general retail if the landlords or note holders kick them out for non-payment of rents or mortgages.

I'm guessing the landlords/banks are willing to give the theater owners a lot of slack until the business comes back. The large real estate conglomerates have been sucking up billions in these stimulus bills, propping up the paper. It's not exactly a "free market".

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Looks like moving Dune also impacts THE BATMAN.
They are also delaying The Flash movie, Shazam 2, Black Adam has been completely removed along with Minecraft movie. Crazy so much is delayed, theaters are in serious trouble. Plus with Regal set to close all their theaters, rough times ahead.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If they keep delaying them then theaters will go bust and they'll have nowhere to release them.
OH. There are plenty of streaming services that will be happy to help out. :whistle:

·
Registered
15,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If they keep delaying them then theaters will go bust and they'll have nowhere to release them.
If any Theater chains do survive they will have a bunch of tent pole movies to entice customers back in 2021 and 2022.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
If any Theater chains do survive they will have a bunch of tent pole movies to entice customers back in 2021 and 2022.

delaying a movie that's coming out in June 2021?...so theaters are not expecting the pandemic to be over even by mid-2021

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
delaying a movie that's coming out in June 2021?...so theaters are not expecting the pandemic to be over even by mid-2021
The article said it was more about protecting all of the ancillary product placements associated with a movie like Jurassic World. Theme park attractions, live events, tv/animation projects and media placements. With so many 2020 films being delayed to 2021, I guess Universal decided it was safer to bank this one for 2022 and all of the ancillary projects associated with the movie launch would be protected.

Even if there are two to three 'safe' vaccines at the end of 2020 or early 2021 it will first be administered to health care works, essential workers and then likely at risk elderly. Some of these vaccines might require multiple doses. Then you will have some that will just not participate. Then all the rest of us can get in line. It probably isn't unrealistic to assume that it could be late into 2021 before enough of the population is vaccinated and it is 'safer' to resume normal activities. And even then I am guessing indoor packed places like movie theaters might still meet some resistance.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
15,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

If we could only get an announcement that both of these sets, GoT and Westworld were getting the same treatment and would be available on an updated HBO Max streaming service supporting 4K HDR / Dolby Vision / ATMOS audio.

Dear Santa,
It has been a really tough year and we have done our best....

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
721 - 740 of 813 Posts