AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1472 Posts

·
Registered
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,402
Hmm, I'd never guess there would be that much demand for SATC revival. They can't say older actresses don't have any opportunities ...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

·
Administrator
19,564 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I'll be more motivated to watch season 2 if I know a 3rd will happen.
Let's hope more people are finding it on HBO Max and it 'motivates' WarnerMedia to invest in a 3rd season. 🤞

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
‘The Future’ Sci-Fi Tech Drama In Works At HBO Max From Matt Reeves’ 6th & Idaho & ‘Run’ Team
By Denise Petski

EXCLUSIVE: HBO Max has put in development The Future, a one-hour sci-fi tech drama based on Dan Frey’s forthcoming novel The Future Is Yours, from The Batman director and Felicity co-creator Matt Reeves6th & Idaho, Run co-writer-director Aneesh Chaganty and producers Natalie Qasabian and Sev Ohanian, and Warner Bros. TV, where 6th & Idaho is under an overall deal.

Written by Frey based on his book, The Future is the story of two best friends who invent the most revolutionary technological device in modern human history. It’s a sci-fi series set in the Silicon Valley of today, grappling with pressing questions about our relationship with technology, told through an innovative multimedia style that’s never been seen on TV.

Frey executive produces with Chaganty, who also directs. Reeves, Adam Kassan and Daniel Pipski executive produce for 6th & Idaho alongside Qasabian and Ohanian. 6th and Idaho produces in association with Warner Bros. TV.

The Future
marks 6th & Idaho’s second project with HBO Max under its overall deal with WBTV. HBO Max previously announced a series commitment for an original DC drama set in the Gotham City police department and the world that Reeves is creating for The Batman feature film.

Chaganty, Qasabian, and Ohanian recently collaborated on the acclaimed film Run, which recently broke viewership records for Hulu. The three previously worked together on the breakout independent film hit Searching, which debuted at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and went on to gross more than $75 million worldwide on a budget of less than $1 million. They are currently in pre-production on a sequel to Searching.

6th & Idaho’s recent television productions also include space traveling drama series Away, starring Hilary Swank, which aired for one season on Netflix, as well as the Amazon Prime Video drama Tales from the Loop, starring Rebecca Hall and Jonathan Pryce.

Reeves is currently at the helm of The Batman feature film, which will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures in 2022.

Author and screenwriter Frey’s first novel, The Retreat, was published by Audible in January 2020. The Future Is Yours is his second book, and will be published in hardcover by Del Rey, an imprint of Penguin Random House, on February 9, 2021.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I’m wondering if every HBO Max show must be double-posted both here and in its own thread. Could we consider using this thread for discussion of the channel in general, and shows it carries that are not discussed anywhere else?

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
I'm looking forward to that Denzel movie at the end of January...I love serial killer movies like Silence of the Lambs, Se7en etc...even The Bone Collector starring Denzel and Angelina Jolie was entertaining

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Sopranos Prequel Movie ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’ Heads To The Fall

Warner Bros is moving The Sopranos prequel pic 'The Many Saints of Newark' from March 12 to Sept. 24th...

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Ray Fisher Reacts To His Dismissal From ‘The Flash’ In Long Twitter Tweet
By Bruce Haring

Ray Fisher is continuing his battle against WarnerMedia, sending out a Twitter manifesto on his recent dismissal from the upcoming Flash film.

The Justice League actor said he “strongly disagreed with their decision,” but said it was “unsurprising.” He again took issue with DC Films President Walter Hamada, claiming he undermined investigations into Fisher’s complaints about executive conduct on the Justice League set.

Fisher has been at-odds with Warner Bros. since last July, accusing Joss Whedon of abuse during the post-Zack Snyder reshoots of Justice League. A subsequent Warner Bros. investigation said unspecified “remedial action” was taken, and the investigation was concluded. No other details were revealed.

HBO Max will premiere the Zach Snyder director’s cut of Justice League featuring Fisher in 2021.

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Ray Fisher Reacts To His Dismissal From ‘The Flash’ In Long Twitter Tweet
By Bruce Haring
And here we are still waiting to hear what the alleged "abuse" and "problematic behavior" were.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

·
Administrator
19,564 Posts
I’m wondering if every HBO Max show must be double-posted both here and in its own thread. Could we consider using this thread for discussion of the channel in general, and shows it carries that are not discussed anywhere else?
This is the content thread so content (shows) will get mentioned while deeper talks including spoilers should be in the thread for the show.

Reactions: blade005
1401 - 1420 of 1472 Posts