AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I’ve been paying $15 for HBO for many years now so I don’t see any problem in that being HBO Max for nothing extra. For the AT&T customers who have it free, how do you do that?
Certain Unlimited post-paid Wireless plans and Gigabit Fiber internet service include HBOMax for free.

I too have have paid $15 for HBO for years, so I am actually saving money by getting HBOMax included with my Internet service. It is really hard to compare to Netflix IMHO as there is good content on both. It is a personal thing. I have and use both regularly.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I’ve been paying $15 for HBO for many years now so I don’t see any problem in that being HBO Max for nothing extra. For the AT&T customers who have it free, how do you do that?

Edit: Looks like you need an unlimited plan for that, so won’t work for me.
Yes. AT&T Wireless Unlimited ELITE is the plan that gets you HBO Max. But the term 'free' is liberally used by us all. I changed my AT&T Wireless plan from a older 9GB Rollover Data plan to Unlimited ELITE and my monthly cost went up by $2.50. That provides me Unlimited Data and HBO Max. I guess that makes HBO Max 'free', or to be realistic it likely means I was paying much more for a Rollover Data plan than I should have been. I think AT&T was making money before and they still are now. And if I get attached to my 'free' HBO Max service I am less likely to shop around for another Wireless plan.

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Don't feel sorry for AT&T making money off you:)

In my case, I have to switch over to unlimited plan for 5G service. The Elite plan for me is just $5 more than the starter plan. I ended up saving 80 cents per month than before (roll over plan).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,325 Posts
Yes. AT&T Wireless Unlimited ELITE is the plan that gets you HBO Max. But the term 'free' is liberally used by us all. I changed my AT&T Wireless plan from a older 9GB Rollover Data plan to Unlimited ELITE and my monthly cost went up by $2.50. That provides me Unlimited Data and HBO Max. I guess that makes HBO Max 'free', or to be realistic it likely means I was paying much more for a Rollover Data plan than I should have been. I think AT&T was making money before and they still are now. And if I get attached to my 'free' HBO Max service I am less likely to shop around for another Wireless plan.
I switched from unlimited to a data plan years back and ended up saving quite a bit of money. I don’t remember what it was exactly but it was a whole lot more than $2.50.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I switched from unlimited to a data plan years back and ended up saving quite a bit of money. I don’t remember what it was exactly but it was a whole lot more than $2.50.
Those plans change so much over just a few years. But, moving from a metered 9GB a month rollover plan to Unlimited Data w/HBO Max for $2.50 more a month seemed like a wise choice.

Reactions: ncted

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Nice to see Season 1 of SNOWPIERCER and Seasons 1-2 of WARRIOR in the Just Added section of HBO Max today.

·
Administrator
19,592 Posts
I moved 4 lines from a shared plan to unlimited which not only eliminated the caps but got me 5G access and HBO Max all for I think $1.50 a month.

·
Premium Member
35,574 Posts
Nice to see Season 1 of SNOWPIERCER and Seasons 1-2 of WARRIOR in the Just Added section of HBO Max today.
Being available in 4K would have been even nicer as we know for certain they have 4K assets for Snowpiercer as that's how it was available on Netflix/UK last May.

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,325 Posts
Those plans change so much over just a few years. But, moving for a metered 9GB a month rollover plan to Unlimited Data w/HBO Max for $2.50 more a month seemed like a wise choice.
I moved 4 lines from a shared plan to unlimited which not only eliminated the caps but got me 5G access and HBO Max all for I think $1.50 a month.
I’ll have to check it out. It’s pretty annoying how much this stuff changes. Gotta check things yearly to see if changing makes sense now I guess.

·
Administrator
19,592 Posts
I’ll have to check it out. It’s pretty annoying how much this stuff changes. Gotta check things yearly to see if changing makes sense now I guess.
Yeah you have to keep watching for deals. I forgot to mention they gave me an $800 trade in credit for an old iPhone X in the process so my $950 iPhone 12 was only $150.

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,325 Posts
Yeah you have to keep watching for deals. I forgot to mention they gave me an $800 trade in credit for an old iPhone X in the process so my $950 iPhone 12 was only $150.
I’m sure my iPhone 8 would be a pittance. Though the SE isn’t too terribly expensive and that’s what I’d get if I got a new one. This day and age of masks has vindicated my stubborn adherence to the fingerprint reader.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Being available in 4K would have been even nicer as we know for certain they have 4K assets for Snowpiercer as that's how it was available on Netflix/UK last May.
Same can be said for the first couple of seasons of DOOM PATROL and TITANS. They streamed in 4K HDR on DC Universe streaming. Guess we will have to wait and see what their 4K HDR rollout strategy is in 2021.

Reactions: Keenan

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I finally got to see the ATMOS on my on screen display and front panel of my AVR.

Totally surprised since I had tried many shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix that indicated there was ATMOS audio.

It was on Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max with my Fire TV Cube Gen 2.

The one and only show that got ATMOS (so far).

Pleasant surprise, looking forward to more.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Totally surprised since I had tried many shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix that indicated there was ATMOS audio.
There isn't that much ATMOS content on Prime Video. Season 5 of THE EXPANSE and Season 1 of CARNIVAL ROW are the only two I can recall at the moment. The movie THE AERONAUTS may be as well. Curious as to what Prime Video content you saw with an ATMOS label. The content I mentioned above does not show ATMOS labels even though the audio is ATMOS. Others have posted that they thought the label for Audio Description (AD) indicated ATMOS.

Netflix does have quite a bit of ATMOS content and labels it that way. Disney+ also.

Reactions: circumstances

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,325 Posts
There isn't that much ATMOS content on Prime Video. Season 5 of THE EXPANSE and Season 1 of CARNIVAL ROW are the only two I can recall at the moment. The movie THE AERONAUTS may be as well. Curious as to what Prime Video content you saw with an ATMOS label. The content I mentioned above does not show ATMOS labels even though the audio is ATMOS. Others have posted that they thought the label for Audio Description (AD) indicated ATMOS.

Netflix does have quite a bit of ATMOS content and labels it that way. Disney+ also.
Season 2 of Jack Ryan is Atmos.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

On Amazon Prime I had tried season 2 of Jack Ryan with no sucess.

601 - 620 of 682 Posts