AVS Forum banner

881 - 900 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yep it is giving me issues on Apple Tv as well, I've tested this my XS and through my TV (Samsung) and HDR isn't working on either of those. I was gonna watch the Conjuring 3 but now I feel I should wait until they resolve this issue. HDR is working with every other app tho
I'm sure it'll be fixed by HBO with another app update, hopefully within a week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also HBO Max on Apple tv is also now playing at 60hz instead of 24hz. Framerate match isn't working. Is that the same for you guys??

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am actually getting static and pops and sound dropouts for the new Conjuring on HBOMax. WW’84 however works.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I also noted that most of the controls such as fast forward no longer work correctly. HBO really screwed up with this last update.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Refreshing and unexpected candor from one of these streaming services. Now they must execute on a quick fix and not forget that they messed up Dolby Vision support on Fire TV and Android TV devices as well.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
What about other platforms?
I hear ya. I have Fire TV devices that don't play Dolby Vision. I guess we are still in the back of the queue....

Reactions: wrathloki

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Yep. Those HBO Max developers are top notch. At least they know how to revert.

-T

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yep. Those HBO Max developers are top notch. At least they know how to revert.
They need to acquaint themselves with the word FIX!!

The Fire TV / Android TV app updated to 50.30.3.265 on June 9th from the previous 50.30.3.252 update on June 2nd that broke Dolby Vision support. Tested and Dolby Vision support is still broken. Note in update said it was to 'fix' an issue with users not being able to switch audio languages. That's nice and necessary, but how about 'fixing' your broken Dolby Vision support?? :mad:

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
It appears that Atmos has been fixed on Fire Stick 4k but still no DV/HDR.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,527 Posts
So Conjuring 3’s month is going to pass without a fix for DV on Fire Stick isn’t it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Everything was working fine for me on HBO Max app since the "fix" when they switched back to the original app. Then played new Wonder Woman last night and of course wouldn't play HDR and lip sync way off. Atmos worked (shockingly) and other movies that I tried played fine. This app has a mind of it's own.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Reactions: blade005 and GC3
881 - 900 of 907 Posts