AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody who does not subscribe to HBO on DTV getting HBOH for the free preview becuase I am not, and when I called customer service twice they both told me I needed to subscribe to their HDTV package to recieve HBOH saying its not part of the free preview

:(

·
Registered
780 Posts
There is no "HDTV Package" as far as I know. They only have 2 HD channels, HDNet on 199 that is included with a basic subscription and HBO-HD on 509 which is included with the HBO subscription. Can you get 199, or the Para Todos barker channel on 400?. If not, perhaps you are using an 18" dish pointed at the 101 satellite, for HD you need an elliptical 24" dish pointed at both 101 and 119 since all the HD comes from 119.

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Toshiba DST-3000 and a 24" eliptical dish. I'm getting all the other HBO/Cinemax channels for the preview weekend just not HBO-HD

According to the mail they sent me channels 501-514 are running a free preview, but when I called and asked why I wasnt getting 509 as part of the preview they told me I had to order the HBO package to get that channel, so I was just wondering if anyone else that does not subscibe to HBO was getting that channel for the preview weekend.

So much for a free preview.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by agtiny
If you have an HDTV and DirecTV why would you NOT subscribe to HBO??
My thoughts, precisely.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
For several weeks I have been getting channel 509 (HBOHD) without an HBO subscription. It's difficult to tell now how long that will last, given the HBO free view. When that's over, I'll be interested in seeing if HBOHD still appears. On my recent bill DirecTV had a line item for the HDTV package with no charge. When I called them, they said that was to indicate that I'm getting channel 199.

My guess is that I'm not alone.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by agtiny
If you have an HDTV and DirecTV why would you NOT subscribe to HBO??
WAF (wife aceptance factor) does not exceed the minimum requirement. Now, if SoapNet were part of the HD package...:( :(

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I do not subscribe to HBO, but I'm getting the HBOHD channel this weekend. I haven't been able to get HBOHD before this weekend and I have the HDTV line item on my DirecTV bill.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have been getting HBOHD for about 2 weeks now and I don't subscribe to the HBO package.However, I do have the HDTV line on my bill. I hope HBOHD stays on after the general HBO weekend preview ends but we will soon find out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Attilla,

Sounds like you're pointed at the 109. Check if your receiver is configured for an oval dish w/ 2 satellites. If you get the foreign channels you're in business, and I'd bet you'll see 509.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
We have been receiving HBOH (HD) and HBOL (Latino) for a couple of weeks now, without any HBO package from DirecTV. These channels come from the 119 satellite, as does HD.net on channel 199.

This weekend, we are also receiving the HBO Preview, which gives us the other HBO channels from the 101 satellite.

We too are wondering what will happen to the 119 HBOH and HBOL after the preview weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after I got back from the family dinner last night HBO-HD was coming in fine.

BTW the reason I dont subscribe to HBO is because I recieve CBS,PBS,ABC,NBC and HDnet for free and I dont see the need to spend 10$ extra a month for one HD channel.

·
Registered
970 Posts
HBOHD on 509 is still available for me and the preview has ended on the other HBO channels. However, I am not getting 511 HBOLatino. I am subscribed to Para Todos Opcion Extra Especial and the HDTV package.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Still getting HBO-HD -- the others have all turned off. Now I've got no chance of keeping up to my TiVo :)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
We are still getting HBOH on ch. 509 but not HBOL on ch. 511.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.