AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HBO will release Treme Season One on Blu-Ray on March 29, 2011. I believe this will be a few weeks before season 2 will start. The set will include 4 discs. The Blu-Ray set will have exclusive material: "Down in the Treme: A look at the Music and Culture of New Orleans" and enhanced version of the DVD box documentary "The Music of Treme."

I really haven't heard many people talk about this show, but I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this release and season 2.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 /forum/post/19619960

HBO will release Treme Season One on Blu-Ray on March 29, 2011. I believe this will be a few weeks before season 2 will start. The set will include 4 discs. The Blu-Ray set will have exclusive material: "Down in the Treme: A look at the Music and Culture of New Orleans" and enhanced version of the DVD box documentary "The Music of Treme."

I really haven't heard many people talk about this show, but I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this release and season 2.

Considering that it's from the folks who created The Wire, I'm more than willing to give this show a chance when it comes out on BD.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Just got done with the first two episodes and so far the show is pretty good. It's holding my attention for the most part. Certainly the A/V quality is outstanding, but that's to be expected by the HBO folks. The music sounds insanely good. They consistently put out tremendous releases.

·
Registered
22,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric10301 /forum/post/20217196

I tried to get into this show but I just couldn't. Maybe my expectations were too high knowing it was from the creator of The Wire.

If you're a Wire fan, then you should know that it takes a while to get going with all the characters.

In any case, the music and city are enough to keep most people watching.

·
Registered
22,497 Posts
I'm about 1/2 way through this set. PQ and AQ are amazing, close to reference quality. The live music scenes are meticulously recorded and presented here. There's also a cool extra feature that when enabled will pop up with details about any music being heard with an option to see more about the artist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts