AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broke HD1000. (Won't turn on). Can I use the lamp as a back up for the HC1500? Anyone want to make an offer for the HD1000? It had 600 hours on the lamp. The power light flashes red/green. The status light flashes too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The exact same bulb? How is the HC1500 so much brighter with the same bulb and still have the same lamp life?

"When we tested the HD1000U, it came up short of claims - just 1115 lumens in brightest modes, but the HC1500 turns out to be much brighter."

"Sports mode starts out at 1263 lumens, but by cranking up Brilliant Color, to 10, the lumens jump to a dazzling 1824 lumens"

·
867 Posts
Different colorwheels?

Size of the white segment, presence of a yellow segment, shade and size of the green segment. Will all have a big effect on light effciency.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good answers! Thanks.

At least I can use my HD1000 lamp as a back up. Not a total loss, I guess.

I just don't want to send it to a place that charges $95 diagnostic fee and then $95 an hour, when I can get the HC1500 for $559 with a new bulb and a have a back up bulb with 600 hrs on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.