AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the HC1500 for my bedroom. I have it projecting on a white wall right now but would like a screen for it and soon. The projected image can't really be bigger than 80 inches due to the size of the room. Would the Sony Dynaclear be good for it? I am mainly using the Pj for PS3/Blu Ray and for DISH HD. Any advice would be great. If you own the Dynaclear please share your pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

*Since no one is replying...can I get some advice on a nice screen for 80 inch viewing.....I do have 2 windows in the room and light does leak in....that is why I am considering the Dynaclear.....if anyone knows of alternatives...please fill me in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looking at the same screen. There a few other companies using the same technology but the Sony is the least expensive from what I have seen.

I have been looking for anyone that has fix mounted one. I have a room for a dedicated theater and want a fixed screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in the same boat. I recently purchased a HC1500 (first pj ever, and I must say I love it!) My living room has a 80 inch panel wall I am using now. I don't want anything too permanent and something that wont take 6 years to hang and rocket science math calculations. I am also not looking to spend much money.. as this whole thing has been on a budget and so far, I am right on target with the only thing left to buy is the screen.

These pics were taken today with the sun at its brightest. My window faces the East. Will the screen improve the picture much, as I am already blown away at the quality of the images this machine produces.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, all. I know this may be a bit out-of-date, but I wanted to pipe-in and say the DynaClear screen from Sony does have a great gain for such a dark-gray screen. In fact, I put the 80" screen up side-by-side with my 53" standard definition rear-projection television, and I was shocked by how much brighter the projector/screen combo (15' distance between the two). Very cool!

The Black Diamond series from SI Projector Screens ( www.siscreens.com ) look very similar, and I'm checking them out for my "bigger" screen.

- Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts