AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DID search first, extensively:

The Mitsubishi calculator doesn't have the HC1500, but I searched and read that one can use the HD1000U instead, if I am not mistaken.

Somehow, I messed up already. I thought I had this right too: I did the calculations and ordered the inexpensive monoprice mount with a 14" extension. My ceiling height it 10'. I am using Polywall for the screen, so screen height it 48 inches, so ideal mounting height for the screen is 28" of the ground (bottom 1/3 below single-row eye level). Well, the calculator is saying 25.2" pole. Can I not just angle the projector downward a bit until I get a longer pole? I can't wait another week (I've been waiting months to research, purchase and assemble). I don't see why that wouldn't work but I am totally new at this, any advice is greatly appreciated.

There's also a range for the projector distance from screen - should it ideally be closer or anywhere in that range is OK and it doesn't matter?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a how-to mount projector/screen properly thread with tips and tricks, I could use it. I am having a hard time finding any information... this is my first time and lining things up is quite intimidating. Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, just tilt it down and use keystone correction. Many people use keystone correction as a permanent solution, but it would be ideal to mount the projector in a way that you don't need to use it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advice. Thanks, bcarlsen! I'll tilt it down for now and go for the longer extension from monoprice when I order more stuff there.

Now if I could only figure out how much the distance matters, since I can be between 11.7' and 14.1' - is closer better, or would I have more SDE?

·
Registered
375 Posts
There is generally no rule of thumb for the "optimum" throw distance within the range. It generally depends on the projector since the zoom lenses are different. I have heard a few say that the HD1000 is good if you mount it halfway between the two distances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts