AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bit the bullet and picked up an HC1600. When I am ready to hook up I have a question regarding the inputs. I have seen some references that the VGA hookup is of bad quality, what about using that method for dumping component video, still bad? I have a cable that runs the component down to a vga connector and was trying to see if that will work the same as a direct component hookup. Also for down the line, how much difference in quality would you see on this projector to move from component up to HDMI?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am using hdmi connected to blu-ray it works fine but heard about component giving zoom ability for anamorphic setup not sure about to try component .Upgraded from 4805 and simply blows eventhough its 2x color wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the same model and love it. dont use the vga. It does have rather poor quality. If you are really worried about quality, which you are or you wouldnt have bought an hd projector, suck it up, bite the bullet again, and upgrade your video card to one with a native hdmi port. Trust me you will not regret it. If you just need something temporary use s-video. its not all that bad and they are cheep. you can get a thirty footer on the web for about 15 bucks. Hope this helps but remember this is just my opinion. Im no expert. i just know what i have tried.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May not have been 100% clear in my question. For the moment I haven't upgraded to Blue Ray or other HD format and have a DVD player with component out. My real question is whether there is any quality difference from the projector if I take those component outs into the component in on the projector or into the VGA port on the projector. At the moment I have a cable that takes the component to VGA but won't use if that will give less quality than component to component rca cables would.

hope this is more clear.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Your colors will probably be more vibrant with the component. Test them both and see. I'm not certain, but you may have more upscaling options with VGA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts