AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to activate/deactivate the iris for the hc3000 besides the iris button on the remote?

I don't have the original remote, i have a harmony remote, which surprisingly has the "iris" function missing from its command list. I have looked but have not seen any obvious way to turn it on or off in the menu's that are accessible from the on-projector controls.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryecohen /forum/post/15549545

Look here...

http://mitsubishi-hometheater.com/pd..._userguide.pdf

Thank you but i already downloaded and read the manual. It stated to press the "iris" button to turn the iris on or off... However, the iris button only seems to exist on the remote. But i figured someone may know another method, user manuals don't always mention every method, if there are multiple.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the computer control may do the trick, thank you.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
What is needed is for another HC3000 owner that has the OE remote and a harmony to add the Iris command to the harmony data base , maybe somebody can oblige ( I would do it if I still had my HC3000 ) .

Best of Luck ,

- Jason

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/15550101

What is needed is for another HC3000 owner that has the OE remote and a harmony to add the Iris command to the harmony data base , maybe somebody can oblige ( I would do it if I still had my HC3000 ) .

Best of Luck ,

- Jason

Yes, that is an idea. I'll see if i can fish for a response later today in the main hc3000 thread.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you, Jason, or anyone else can tell me how to do so, I can certainly help out here.

I have a 688 that I'm not using, but I can activate it if it's needed to upload this code to Logitech/Harmony's DB... -Tom

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 /forum/post/15556199

If you, Jason, or anyone else can tell me how to do so, I can certainly help out here.

I have a 688 that I'm not using, but I can activate it if it's needed to upload this code to Logitech/Harmony's DB... -Tom

All i was able to find was this:
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...hread.id=11815

Though it doesn't give specifics. But i think if you teach the remote the signal for the iris button and update your remote the command is automatically uploaded to the database. Though i could be mistaken. If you could give it a try though it would be appreciated by me and probably by many other current or future harmony remote users

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'll give it a shot and update your thread when I have had a chance to do so, Jarrod... -Tom

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just wanted to give you an update and let you know I was able to set up my Harmony 688 remote with my HC3000. After doing so, I verified that the 'Iris' button command wasn't part of the existing database, then entered it as a custom command and it is now showing in my 688 remote.

Hopefully, they will incorporate this command into the HC3000 DB, but I have no way of verifying this. I also joined the Logitech forums and created a thread asking for any guidance on getting the HC3000 database updated, here's the thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...hread.id=22513

I'll let you know if anyone replies and if it shows up for you at some point in time, let us know... -TD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts