AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a replacement color wheel for the hc3000? Or know of any suppliers i can checkout?

Any information would be great.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/16806006

You're not going to like this. I just checked and the color wheel for the Mitsubishi HC3000 is about $350. That's more than twice some other manufacturers.

Dang, they raised the price quite a bit since i got mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but where can one obtain a replacement color wheel for the HC3000U? Is Mitsubishi the only place (aside from taking it in to a service shop)? I just purchased a used HC3000U from the Best Buy Outlet. Hooked it up today and heard a whine that I feel strongly is the color wheel (definitely a different sound than the fan).

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbartimaeus /forum/post/17990177

Return it if you can. I have thouroughly looked. IF...IF you can get someone to sell you the part it is about 225-250 and most won't sell it. It will run you 400 to send it to mits to fix it.

I don't think I can return it. It was purchased with a 7 day warranty and was sold as is "in working condition." That'll teach me to buy something sight unseen.

I see there's a service center in Houston - I'll give them a call on Monday. I actually have reason to be in Houston on Monday and Tuesday so I may just bring it with me.

Thanks.

Ben

·
Registered
35 Posts
At blindbartimaeus' suggestion, I'm trying to get an RMA as I think the description of the projector was incorrect. Worst case I'm in $400 for a color wheel +/-.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ben

·
Registered
366 Posts
BBB will be no help but if you paid with a CC I think you may have some recourse there depending on how it was advertised. I would also persue BB's chain of command and most likely someone will make the decision to allow you to return it.

Good luck and I hate it when people/businesses do stuff like this. If you roll over and take it, just remember it empowers them to do it again because they have gotten away with it in the past.

Fight the good fight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.