AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been pointed out that the angle of reflection from a cieling mount pj would diminish the pos. effect of a gray screen like the HCCV. Experimenting with the little samples seems to bear this out though I'm not sure. Anyone try this or have opinions based on similar experience ? Is there any gray screen that's known to do well with cieling mounted pj's? Thanks - bd

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Hey bd,

I hope we can get this issue resolved as I am now also interested in the HCCV. After I PMd you, I started to do a bit more research. I found this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=138208

It may not be the "greyness" that is the issue, but the gain. Since the HCCV does not have a high gain, it may be more reflective as Huey pointed out in the above thread, and could be allright.

Some of you screen experts, please chime in!! :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
I am sorry, but this is not the case.

The HCCV screen works fine with my ceiling mounted projector.

Are you sure you're not thinking of a high gain screen like the

Da-Lite High Power?.

High Power: Viewing angle: 25° Gain: 2.8

HCCV : Viewing Angle: 45° Gain: 1.1

Andrew

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Andrew,

I think that is exactly the area of confusion, and was the reason for the clarification of my post. I think the problem with screens and ceiling mounts are high gain screens, not grey screens. I originally put the air of concern into bonedog's mind via PM a few days ago. I think after further research the HCCV will be fine, and will probably be my solution for a long term screen as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Andrew, glad to hear its working for you. I just broke down and ordered a Parkland Plastics sheet as a temp. solution. I'll probably end up getting the HCCV and streching it over the parkland frame with velcro or snaps so aI can go either way. I'm waiting for a few more samples and trials bedfore I decide. -bd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just curious because I just got Parkland and will install this weekend...I need to save bucks for the HCCV still if it is a great improvement over the plastex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.