AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding HCFR Eye one display 2 sensor calibration where it asks you to place the sensor on a flat surface.

Does this change the calibration settings stored inside the eye one display 2 hardware (so it changes factory calibration settings) or only changes settings within HCFR software to adjust the results?

i.e. if you were to calibrate it with HCFR while pointing it at a light source, then open up Eye One Match to calibrate the monitor, will the results be affected.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctn123 /forum/post/17023825

I have a question regarding HCFR Eye one display 2 sensor calibration where it asks you to place the sensor on a flat surface.

Does this change the calibration settings stored inside the eye one display 2 hardware (so it changes factory calibration settings) or only changes settings within HCFR software to adjust the results?

i.e. if you were to calibrate it with HCFR while pointing it at a light source, then open up Eye One Match to calibrate the monitor, will the results be affected.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think it would write any data to the device...

·
Registered
246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctn123 /forum/post/17023825

AFAIK all it deos is a reset of the device.

·
Registered
211 Posts
that instruction is sort of a miss translation from the original french notes but what you are supposed to do is place the meter in a flat non-reflective surface out of direct light so the software can get a baseline of what zero light coming in is.

It does not write to the device it is just part of the software since different meters give different signals for zero light it need to check what your meter "sees" as no light coming in since it cannot assume you might have a calibrated light source to reference against.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts