AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been calibrating my FP (Ruby) the past couple of days and for some reason when using HCFR, the gamma chart keeps tracking on 1.9 rather than 2.2. Is there a setting change I need to make. I have my preference set to 2.22. Please help or explain.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/14250901

I have been calibrating my FP (Ruby) the past couple of days and for some reason when using HCFR, the gamma chart keeps tracking on 1.9 rather than 2.2. Is there a setting change I need to make. I have my preference set to 2.22. Please help or explain.

Thanks

Is it your measurements or target that is 1.9 ? If it your target then you can change this under Advanced menu>Peferences>Reference. Near the bottom of the page is target gamma (default 2.2).

D

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzerxxx /forum/post/14250982

Is it your measurements or target that is 1.9 ? If it your target then you can change this under Advanced menu>Peferences>Reference. Near the bottom of the page is target gamma (default 2.2).

D

I have my target set to 2.2 in the preferences, but my measurements are mostly at 1.9 when looking at gamma curve. I was hoping that there was a bug in the software or I was doing something wrong. My delta e for 20-90 ire is low.. none are over 2 and several are under 1.

Also of note is that my color temp is nearly spot on for 6500k for 20-90 ire.

Any help?

·
Registered
650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/14251271

I have my target set to 2.2 in the preferences, but my measurements are mostly at 1.9 when looking at gamma curve. I was hoping that there was a bug in the software or I was doing something wrong. My delta e for 20-90 ire is low.. none are over 2 and several are under 1.

Did you see Tom H's reply to your original post here?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post14246439

hope this helps,

--tom

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I got my EyeOne LT yesterday, and discovered that my plasma's gamma has been tracking at 1.9 for the last two years, even though I have 2.2 selected in the display menu. To achieve a gamma of 2.2, I actually have to select 2.5 in the display.

The rub is that I can achieve an almost perfect greyscale at 1.9, but I'm having a much harder time smoothing out the bumps at the higher gamma (I only have R/B low/high to work with). I'll give it another go tonight, but I'm afraid I may be forced to choose between a better greyscale and a more contrasty image. I do almost all my viewing in the evening, so a higher gamma is certainly desirable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts