AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesys /forum/post/21784106

(but the Mac version is coming?)

The mac version is being worked on... although I have been somewhat distracted this weekend... new iPad! hah.

Anyway, the current mac version works in that its possible to get readings, however, there is currently no way to select which device to use if the argyll library detects more than one. I've also been taking a bit of time, because, longer term, it would be nice to share the capability that exists on the windows version of having multiple meters used concurrently, and the GUI interface will be heavily related to how we implement this.

TL;DR version: the current mac version works but is rudimentary, and still needs some work before I'd consider a release.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascl /forum/post/21792628

The mac version is being worked on... although I have been somewhat distracted this weekend... new iPad! hah.

eheheh

thanks for your effort, guy! we appreciate it.

Andrea

·
Registered
366 Posts
JohnAd, not entirely related, does Upsilon Mixer make use of of secondary xyY measurements? For example, yCMS takes primary xyY's only.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703 /forum/post/21801672

does Upsilon Mixer make use of of secondary xyY measurements?

It does during the refinement phase where it finds out how non-linear the display is at various points in the cube.

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
3.0.1.0 is now up on sourceforge

+ Update Argyll code with fixes for i1d3 and i1d2 and support for Spyder 4

+ Add support for getting spectrum with Argyll meters

+ Add extra Argyll tools to install package

+ Add support for new display type function within Argyll

o Improve handling of multiple meters

o Fix issues with loading file with disabled meters

o Add missing driver files to installer

Could i1d3 and spyder 4 users try and use the new command line utilities to extract ccss files for their meters.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
Hi John,

The sourceforge link is not working for me for the new version.

Thank You,

Jason

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
great timing John. i am getting a new lamp for my projector tomorrow so should be able to do some more calibrating later this week.

does one need to uninstall the previous version?

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd
3.0.1.0 is now up on sourceforge

+ Update Argyll code with fixes for i1d3 and i1d2 and support for Spyder 4

+ Add support for getting spectrum with Argyll meters

+ Add extra Argyll tools to install package

+ Add support for new display type function within Argyll

o Improve handling of multiple meters

o Fix issues with loading file with disabled meters

o Add missing driver files to installer

Could i1d3 and spyder 4 users try and use the new command line utilities to extract ccss files for their meters.

Thanks

John
I've been really busy for the past couple of weeks, and unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test anymore. I've popped in today, and I noticed the new version. I'll see if I can test during the weekend (link and install worked fine for me). In the mean time, I've attached the ccss files from my i1D3. I hope they're helpful.

ccssFiles.zip 82.439453125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz /forum/post/21805043

does one need to uninstall the previous version?

No just install it over the top of the old one.

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDac /forum/post/21806302

In the mean time, I've attached the ccss files from my i1D3. I hope they're helpful.

Thanks a lot for these

John

·
Registered
16,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/21806331

The one in your sig is still not working for me, no idea why.
fixed now...

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridsvognen /forum/post/21807456

Is there any plans about when it will support spyder 4.?

3.0.1.0 (which was released yesterday) should have support for the spyder 4, I've no idea if it works though would be good to hear if it works or not, there is also a tool spyd4en for extracting the adjustment matrices for the different display types, these matrice aren't yet supported but it would be good to see if the extraction works and what the files look like.

John

·
Banned
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd /forum/post/21807512

3.0.1.0 (which was released yesterday) should have support for the spyder 4, I've no idea if it works though would be good to hear if it works or not, there is also a tool spyd4en for extracting the adjustment matrices for the different display types, these matrice aren't yet supported but it would be good to see if the extraction works and what the files look like.

John

I just downloaded the 3.0.1.0 today, and cant find any spyder in the sensor selection when starting a new mesurment. the options are.. (simulated sensor) ( DTP-94) ( HCFR sensor).

Is there somwhere else to select sensors.?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
John -

I know it's not very popular here, but one of the meters I have is a Sequel Imaging Monaco Optix (not a DTP94). It seems to work okay measuring an LCD, but it hangs HCFR when I run a measure on my plasma during the 0% measurement, regardless of the LCD or CRT setting. I have been able to use this probe successfully with previous Argyll command line versions, although I haven't tried it with the latest version.

JD

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
was calibrating greyscale the other night and i had to raise the offset on my RED level to MAX. does this mean i have serious lack of RED on my pj (epson 8100)?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridsvognen /forum/post/21808556

I just downloaded the 3.0.1.0 today, and cant find any spyder in the sensor selection when starting a new mesurment. the options are.. (simulated sensor) ( DTP-94) ( HCFR sensor).

Is there somwhere else to select sensors.?

No it should appear in that list,does the meter appear in device manager?

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer /forum/post/21808591

John -

I know it's not very popular here, but one of the meters I have is a Sequel Imaging Monaco Optix (not a DTP94). It seems to work okay measuring an LCD, but it hangs HCFR when I run a measure on my plasma during the 0% measurement, regardless of the LCD or CRT setting. I have been able to use this probe successfully with previous Argyll command line versions, although I haven't tried it with the latest version.

JD

Can you try using the supplied spotread.exe and see if you can take a dark reading with that using a -D2 option. Send me the log either way.

John

321 - 340 of 13608 Posts