AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it works with Argyll, it should have no problem working with HCFR 3.x. But if you are thinking about buying a meter, I'd suggest you take a look at the excellent reviews/tests of different meters conducted by Dry Creek Photo and referenced in earlier posts in this thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryderlis /forum/post/22065216

Thanks for the info! I'm assuming I can prob use xrite's software until HCFR is fixed.

Just in case there was some confusion, there are really no significant issues in using the i1D3 (i1 Display Pro) with HCFR 3.0.4.0. The issues that were mentioned are with the i1Pro Spectrophotometer, not the i1D3 colorimeter. I'm using an i1D3 and am thrilled with the improvements in HCFR. 3.0.4.0 (or technically the newest version of Argyll drivers included with 3.0.4.0) has resolved some issues in earlier versions only when measuring a plasma TV (I have a Samsung PN58B860), so you can be comfortable with how it is working.

I also have used the i1Profiler software that comes with the i1D3 (from x-Rite), and it is only for profiling a computer monitor, not for calibrating a tv or projector. But you don't have to wait for any new version of HCFR for the i1D3, anyway.

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
I was under the impression that there were still some small 'fixes' / improvements in the works for the i1D3 but it's certainly possible I misread.

Jason

·
Registered
379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dml1333 /forum/post/22076658

If it works with Argyll, it should have no problem working with HCFR 3.x.

a $60 i1d2 will be perfect for my needs

yes, the "ColorMunki Create" fully works in Argyll: http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html#i1d
Quote:
The ColorMunki Create colorimeter can also be used, and will appear as an i1Display2 colorimeter.

but not a single word about it for HCFR 3.x =/

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dml1333 /forum/post/22076685

Just in case there was some confusion, there are really no significant issues in using the i1D3 (i1 Display Pro) with HCFR 3.0.4.0. The issues that were mentioned are with the i1Pro Spectrophotometer, not the i1D3 colorimeter. I'm using an i1D3 and am thrilled with the improvements in HCFR. 3.0.4.0 (or technically the newest version of Argyll drivers included with 3.0.4.0) has resolved some issues in earlier versions only when measuring a plasma TV (I have a Samsung PN58B860), so you can be comfortable with how it is working.

I also have used the i1Profiler software that comes with the i1D3 (from x-Rite), and it is only for profiling a computer monitor, not for calibrating a tv or projector. But you don't have to wait for any new version of HCFR for the i1D3, anyway.

Shall i1Display Pro use its own driver or force Window XP device manager to load the i1 driver comes with HCFR?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd /forum/post/22054441

In device manager you should have a section called Argyll LibUSB-1.0A devices, with the device with (Argyll) after the name. If you don't see that then HCFR won't load the driver properly.

John

It does not appear with a section called Argyll LibUSB-1.0A devices in device manager.....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd /forum/post/22078526

Shall i1Display Pro use its own driver or force Window XP device manager to load the i1 driver comes with HCFR?

It should use its own driver, the reference to USB-1.0A devices is for the spyder 4 (and most other meters) but not the i1Display Pro

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry /forum/post/22077794

but not a single word about it for HCFR 3.x =/

It should work fine as it's really just an i1d2 with a paint job, we've got better things to do than keep up with x-rite's increasingly bizzare product naming

John

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/22076754

I was under the impression that there were still some small 'fixes' / improvements in the works for the i1D3 but it's certainly possible I misread.

There seems to still be issues that some people get with plasmas, no fix is currently in the works for this but I do need to let Graeme know at some point.

John

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd /forum/post/22079004

It should use its own driver, the reference to USB-1.0A devices is for the spyder 4 (and most other meters) but not the i1Display Pro

John

Does that mean I don't need to do anything after installing HCFR provided its already working with my meter?

BTW, what does one should adjust if all R/G/B are way above the target in luminance chart in a most effective way?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyrob /forum/post/22056724

excellent , thanks

that seems to have worked do i need to do anyting with these lookup tables?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyrob /forum/post/22062572

When i run the spyd4en program from the command line, another black box opens up for a split second and then disperse. The command line then just returns to it's normal prompt. Dose this mean that it has done what it needs to? if so is there any way of checking?

Thanks for all your help, i don't mean to be a pain.

Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/22065104

Check to see if the tables show up in HCFR, I had 7 tables when I had the Spyder 4 Elite.

Jason

I cant seam to find these lookup tables, could you please tell me where they are located so i can check to see if they have been installed correctly.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
Measures/Sensor/Configure

Jason

·
Registered
475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd /forum/post/22081003

Does that mean I don't need to do anything after installing HCFR provided its already working with my meter?

BTW, what does one should adjust if all R/G/B are way above the target in luminance chart in a most effective way?

In case you haven't tried using the Greyscale & Color Calibration section at the curtpalme website, this might help...

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/22082175

Measures/Sensor/Configure

Jason

All seven are there, thanks for the help.

Do i use the generic non refresh display for calibrating a front projector (JVC X3).

Rob

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
'Refresh' is used for CRT/Plasma.

I don't recall all 7 tables, but I think there was something in there more suited to the JVC projector (?).

Jason

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Cobra427SC /forum/post/22083579

In case you haven't tried using the Greyscale & Color Calibration section at the curtpalme website, this might help...

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

I have been following exactly what this link provides......

Anyone can answer my question? What does one adjust when the luminance chart has measured curve of rgb all way above the target?

·
Registered
44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd /forum/post/22089078

I have been following exactly what this link provides......

Anyone can answer my question? What does one adjust when the luminance chart has measured curve of rgb all way above the target?

Two part answer:

1) If most of the luminance curve is above the reference, it likely means that your device's gamma is too low, but that's just a guess.

2) This question could be handled nicely in one of the other Display Calibration threads, especially one that is for your display (or close). It's NOT appropriate for this thread, but in one of those threads, you could post your .chc file from HCFR and others could offer very specific advise.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dml1333 /forum/post/22091716

Two part answer:

1) If most of the luminance curve is above the reference, it likely means that your device's gamma is too low, but that's just a guess.

2) This question could be handled nicely in one of the other Display Calibration threads, especially one that is for your display (or close). It's NOT appropriate for this thread, but in one of those threads, you could post your .chc file from HCFR and others could offer very specific advise.

1)Your guess is right, my gamma is only 1.75 avg

2) Can you point me to that thread pls?

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the spectral sample (in sensor configure) for? Shall I select Projector for whatever brand I own or it needs to match some exact brands?

681 - 700 of 13608 Posts