AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 13640 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22658650

Am I hearing this right?

The latest version of HCFR does not work with i1 Display 3?

And John disappeared?

The i1 Display Pro (i1D3) colorimeter works with HCFR version 3.

It's the i1 Pro spectrometer that does not work with version 3.0.4.0. It does work with 3.0.0.0, however.

Larry

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumpad  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22619516

Hi guys, altough I read that HCFR (3.0.4.0) should work with a new i1pro 2 and wont get it to work. Even with the newest Argyll drivers HCFR still reports "Incorrect driver - Starting communications with the meter failed with severe error. Argyll Error".

Tried using the X-rite driver, the driver in the HCFR package and the newest Argyll driver. The i1pro 2 works fine in Argyll and iProfiler. A i1 display pro works fine with HCFR so I dont think the software is damaged. Can someone tell me how he got it to work?

Update: Just found out that 3.0.0.0 seems to work, any idea where to post the bug that it stopped working in 3.0.4.0, or is there a workaround?

Update 2: Looks like it stopped working in 3.0.1.0

I have the same issue here.
  • Instrument: i1 Pro 2 ("Publish" bundle). The device presents itself as an i1 Pro (version 1) to the Argyll drivers as expected. NOTE: this is not an i1 DISPLAY Pro, they are different devices.
  • Argyll driver version: tested various versions with HCFR up to the latest Argyll Ver. 1.4.0.
  • Instrument works fine with Argyll CMS tools up to Ver. 1.4.0.
  • HCFR 3.0.0.0 works (up to latest Argyll Ver. 1.4.0 drivers).
  • HCFR 3.0.1.0 - 3.0.4.0 does not work with i1 Pro 2 (and likely not with i1 Pro). Previous versions of Argyll drivers do not correct.

I have currently gone back to HCFR 3.0.0.0 and that's working fine, but I'm willing to test any future versions of HCFR with the i1 Pro 2 (if anyone is working on this issue).

Otherwise, I love the software!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apierre  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22662548

I have the same issue here.
  • Instrument: i1 Pro 2 ("Publish" bundle). The device presents itself as an i1 Pro (version 1) to the Argyll drivers as expected. NOTE: this is not an i1 DISPLAY Pro, they are different devices.
  • Argyll driver version: tested various versions with HCFR up to the latest Argyll Ver. 1.4.0.
  • Instrument works fine with Argyll CMS tools up to Ver. 1.4.0.
  • HCFR 3.0.0.0 works (up to latest Argyll Ver. 1.4.0 drivers).
  • HCFR 3.0.1.0 - 3.0.4.0 does not work with i1 Pro 2 (and likely not with i1 Pro). Previous versions of Argyll drivers do not correct.

I have currently gone back to HCFR 3.0.0.0 and that's working fine, but I'm willing to test any future versions of HCFR with the i1 Pro 2 (if anyone is working on this issue).

Otherwise, I love the software!

Same problem here. How do I totally remove the "Argyll" drivers from my laptop?

bob

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22683655

Same problem here. How do I totally remove the "Argyll" drivers from my laptop?

bob

Follow the instructions here: http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html

Near the bottom of the page it explains how to uninstall as part of the "Updating Argyll drivers" section.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Hey guys, quick question.

I am using version 3.0.4.0, and when I went to measure Grayscale it looks like HCFR generated the patterns and measured my entire grayscale within seconds. I am using the i1D3.

It's been close to a year since I last used HCFR. Is this how HFCR measures grayscale now?

Also, I got stuck at the trying to calibrate Green color gamut. I max out my green saturation but couldn't still get it to the desired level. Anyone else having problem with Green?

Here are some pics of the greyscale.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22692418

Hey guys, quick question.

I am using version 3.0.4.0, and when I went to measure Grayscale it looks like HCFR generated the patterns and measured my entire grayscale within seconds. I am using the i1D3.

It's been close to a year since I last used HCFR. Is this how HFCR measures grayscale now?

Also, I got stuck at the trying to calibrate Green color gamut. I max out my green saturation but couldn't still get it to the desired level. Anyone else having problem with Green?

Here are some pics of the greyscale.

[

How does it generate the images? You use the same computer for measuring and generating ??

bob

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I am using AVSHD greyscale, saturation patterns, etc. to do the calibration.

But when I go take the greayscale measurement, HCFR didn't even prompts me to display the 0%, 10%, 20% greyscale etc.

In the past, with HCFR it prompt me to display each greyscale. It seems to automatically display its own pattterns and take the measurements extremely quickly.

Unless, I am doing something incorrectly.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1080#post_22693333

I am using AVSHD greyscale, saturation patterns, etc. to do the calibration.

But when I go take the greayscale measurement, HCFR didn't even prompts me to display the 0%, 10%, 20% greyscale etc.

In the past, with HCFR it prompt me to display each greyscale. It seems to automatically display its own pattterns and take the measurements extremely quickly.

Unless, I am doing something incorrectly.

goto

MEASURES -> GENERATOR -> SELECT
Quote:
Is this how HFCR measures grayscale now?
always worked like that, if VIEW IMAGES was selected

·
Registered
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1110#post_22694105

Using a D3 meter, I don't see anywhere to choose Plasma, LCD, etc as a display choice?

bob

With plasma use display type "refresh"

Sync it with TV pressing calibrate with IRE30 window

If you use it as contact, wait something like 20-30 minutes until temperature is evened

If use as non-contact, select "projector" and place it 4-8 inch from screen, depends also if there is reflections etc

http://www.avforums.com/forums/16521065-post300.html

From there you can find pretty good DIY so your room don´t have to be dark when measuring

Here is also some other basic settings (from there you can find answer to your question):
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/780#post_22266748

(I´m using Win8 and path is c:\Users\"User name"\AppData\Roaming\color\)

If you want use Spectral sample for plasma:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1433489/favor-request-from-anyone-with-a-i1display-pro-plasma-and-reference-meter-need-a-ccss
http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/colorimetercorrections/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer=Samsung%20Electric%20Company&display=SAMSUNG&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Save that .ccss file to path where .ccss files are

Run c:\Program Files (x86)\HCFR Calibration\Tools\i1d3ccss.exe from Command Prompt, however if I doubleclick that from windows it don´t add those to HCFR, maby it works for you.

With i1DPro(3) you may wanna try correction matrix by zoyd or kjgarrison:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/840#post_22311630

You can just type those to:

Advanced-->XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix-->manually edit XYZ conversion matrix

or download those from attachment and

Advanced-->XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix-->manually edit XYZ conversion matrix-->Load
Matrix for i1DPro.zip 1k .zip file

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
But doesn't everyone's colorimeter (i1D3) different?

I don't think you can simply apply the same adjustments to all i1D3 that are out there. Or am I missing it?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1110#post_22698611

But doesn't everyone's colorimeter (i1D3) different?

I don't think you can simply apply the same adjustments to all i1D3 that are out there. Or am I missing it?

correct, the only way to accurately use a correction matrix is to use your meter and a spectro to create the tables for each type of display.

1101 - 1120 of 13640 Posts