AVS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22883973


I made a change in the D3 meter code that has stabilized it quite a bit. Simply setting the baseline integration time to a larger value (1.5 sec which is the default for CM for low light conditions) did the trick. I don't know anything about git and merging in new code etc. so here is a standalone package with the change. I'm new with Visual studio 2010 so let me know if it works, just unzip in an empty directory.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2621383/HCFR_stableD3.zip


Forgive me, but what do we do with this?



bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,282
unzip and run ColorHCFR.exe, D3 measurements at 30% on plasma's will be stable. If someone knows how to work with git and wants to submit a change to the archive let me know and I'll send the code changes I made. I think John has to do the final commits though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22883973


I made a change in the D3 meter code that has stabilized it quite a bit. Simply setting the baseline integration time to a larger value (1.5 sec which is the default for CM for low light conditions) did the trick.


edit:


Made a proper installation package:

HCFRsetup.exe

Yes, it seems to be very stable now


Thanks man, you´re great



Measured ten sequential gray scale (RGB scale 80-120 on images)

Y values 0%=0.013 10%=0.906 20%=3.442 30%=7.884 40%=14.166 50%=22.397 60%=32.775 70%=47.007 80%=65.590 90%=83.218 100%=106.863













Here are new calibrations with new panel:
Panasonic TX-P55ST50Y calibration.zip 52k .zip file
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22884313


unzip and run ColorHCFR.exe, D3 measurements at 30% on plasma's will be stable. If someone knows how to work with git and wants to submit a change to the archive let me know and I'll send the code changes I made. I think John has to do the final commits though.


Oh, sorry. Didn't see that it was a complete new install. What D3 problems did it fix? My D3 using the matrix seems fine, even better 20% readings than CM or CP. I guess I can still run both and compare?



bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22885784


Oh, sorry. Didn't see that it was a complete new install. What D3 problems did it fix? My D3 using the matrix seems fine, even better 20% readings than CM or CP. I guess I can still run both and compare?



bob


The D3 w/HCFR was 2-4 dE unstable (mostly red) due to too low adaptive integration time in the 20-40% stimulus range and that's what was fixed. I have also got it working with the i1pro, at least it does on winxp. Can someone test on win7? The change here is in the driver for the i1pro so after installing the following package you have to update the i1pro driver. Use update driver in device manager and navigate to the new installation file c:\Program Files\HCFR Calibration\libusb1\i1pro.inf


HCFRsetup.exe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
@zoyd


Does the colormunki display require this patch since it runs on the i1d3exe? or is fine since it reads slower?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,287

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22885955


@zoyd


Does the colormunki display require this patch since it runs on the i1d3exe? or is fine since it reads slower?

Only needed if you are having the same instability problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22885860


The D3 w/HCFR was 2-4 dE unstable (mostly red) due to too low adaptive integration time in the 20-40% stimulus range and that's what was fixed. I have also got it working with the i1pro, at least it does on winxp. Can someone test on win7? The change here is in the driver for the i1pro so after installing the following package you have to update the i1pro driver. Use update driver in device manager and navigate to the new installation file c:\Program Files\HCFR Calibration\libusb1\i1pro.inf


HCFRsetup.exe

Thanks zoyd, but no luck here on Win7 64 bit, the i1pro is not available for selection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22886506


Thanks zoyd, but no luck here on Win7 64 bit, the i1pro is not available for selection.

I'll have to get hold of a win7 machine to debug. After you updated the driver can you check driver properties and list the dlls installed like below?


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22886564


I'll have to get hold of a win7 machine to debug. After you updated the driver can you check driver properties and list the dlls installed like below?



sure can

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22886858


sure can

That looks good, if you run ColorHCFR as a 32bit application (maybe there is some sort of compatibility mode you can turn on?) it should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1290#post_22886932


That looks good, if you run ColorHCFR as a 32bit application (maybe there is some sort of compatibility mode you can turn on?) it should work.

tried all the way back to winxp sp3. getting the error
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1290#post_22887164


tried all the way back to winxp sp3. getting the error

That's the error you get when the winusb driver is not being used to open the port. I'll have to get hold of a win7 machine and find a driver installation that works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1290#post_22887333


That's the error you get when the winusb driver is not being used to open the port. I'll have to get hold of a win7 machine and find a driver installation that works.

you may want to look at how v 3.0.0.0 handled the i1pro.


thanks zoyd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hello John,


I´m in trouble getting my Spider4 not detected by the hcfr software


I have installed HCFR 3.0.4.0

I running Win7 64bit.

runned : spyd4en.exe

I finally created a spyd4cal.bin (folder: user/roaming/color)

- how gonna use that ..bin?

stil in the HCFR the spyder is not to choose

??


followed those rules

dont connect the spyder

install datacolor software,

installed HCFR,

executed the spyd4en.exe (double click)

File spyd4cal.bin created finally there: c:\\Users\AppData\Roaming\color\

reinstalled Datacolor

pluged spyder4 into USB

deinstalled the spyder4 driver

unpluged and pluged in the spyder4

found the spyder in the device manager...

cant update the driver with the hcfr driver (where to find????)

restarted the pc several times

in the HCFR software no spyder to chose.

the spyder driver is telling me:

C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\dccmtr.sys

C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoinstaller01001.dll

Port_#0002.Hub_#0004


this does not work:
http://sourceforge.net/p/hcfr/wiki/Spyder%204/

cd c:\program files (x86)\HCFR Calibration\Tools




This drives me crazy, just one little step before beeing able to start first calibration


I hope you could help me.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22883973


I made a change in the D3 meter code that has stabilized it quite a bit. Simply setting the baseline integration time to a larger value (1.5 sec which is the default for CM for low light conditions) did the trick. I don't know anything about git and merging in new code etc. so here is a standalone package with the change.




edit:


Made a proper installation package:

HCFRsetup.exe


Can we run the old and new version on the same PC to compare? HCFR runs fine from a folder without proper installation?


thx


bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1290#post_22891669


Can we run the old and new version on the same PC to compare? HCFR runs fine from a folder without proper installation?


thx


bob

yes, no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1260#post_22883973


I made a change in the D3 meter code that has stabilized it quite a bit. Simply setting the baseline integration time to a larger value (1.5 sec which is the default for CM for low light conditions) did the trick. I don't know anything about git and merging in new code etc. so here is a standalone package with the change.


edit:


Made a proper installation package:

HCFRsetup.exe
Hey Zoyd,


I'll install this on my Win7/64 machine and see if it works with the i1Pro.


Does this version include the latest (post 3.0.0.4 release) i1Pro code that JohnAd had in Git? I compiled and have been using some of his later 3.0.0.4+ code and it works for the i1Pro, but JohnAd didn't release it because of issues with simultaneously connected meters.


-JD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,299
yes, this is the current 3.0.4.0 source from sourceforge so multiple meters work fine after making the driver update. I used i1pro 2 and D3 at the same time without any issues but it was on winxp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
I'm getting the same error that Vega509 displayed above. I'm using the libusb instead of the winusb driver, but that shouldn't matter:



Did you download the code from the Zip file or Git? The 3.0.4 version I compiled was from the latest files in Git and that was where the i1Pro was working, but not with simultaneous meters.
 
1281 - 1300 of 13608 Posts
Top