AVS Forum banner

13561 - 13580 of 13614 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hello!

I was able to test with the alluringreality disc, and unfortunately the same issue occurs. It seems that the TV is displaying the patterns 10 - 15% higher than what they actually should be. I can tell they look a bit brighter on my TV after viewing the DVD on a computer.
Hi,

It sounds to me as if the TV is re-mapping things to PC levels (0-255) as opposed to video levels (16-235). I would check those type of settings in the tv's menu system.

--tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

It sounds to me as if the TV is re-mapping things to PC levels (0-255) as opposed to video levels (16-235). I would check those type of settings in the tv's menu system.

--tom
It seems like I can't directly change the RGB range from full to limited. The color space range options I have are RGB and YCbCr; it's been set to Auto for the calibration attempts. There are HDMI 1.4 and 2.1 modes that I can switch between, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Red is still very much oversaturated. Other colours are not bad.
Yes i agree on red.
But if i correct red for 100% saturation it will screw up more the saturation. I don't know if 50% will help , but i can try. I'm afraid red i can't correct more the red. But i will certainly give a try.

Colour temperature below 35% is bit below 6500k, i will also try to work with that if i can get any better results. I believe this is due to the colour temp diff i see in the data(below 35% grey scale).

But overall, i'm happy to see that my colours and grey scale improved a lot in my recent calibration. Its much better than my standard movie mode (better colour representation thatn out of the box).

Thanks for your kind advices, it really helped.

I will scratch my head more to improve from here.

BR
JIJI N K

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Yes i agree on red.
But if i correct red for 100% saturation it will screw up more the saturation. I don't know if 50% will help , but i can try. I'm afraid red i can't correct more the red. But i will certainly give a try.

Colour temperature below 35% is bit below 6500k, i will also try to work with that if i can get any better results. I believe this is due to the colour temp diff i see in the data(below 35% grey scale).

But overall, i'm happy to see that my colours and grey scale improved a lot in my recent calibration. Its much better than my standard movie mode (better colour representation thatn out of the box).

Thanks for your kind advices, it really helped.

I will scratch my head more to improve from here.

BR
JIJI N K
I was referring to 75% red.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was referring to 75% red.
Ok , then in that case, I was not able to correct more the 75% Red. This is the max i was able to achieve on that day.
I will try again to see if I can correct more in the 75% Red saturation.
With my Color saturation, hue and gain controls(in my projector), i was able to get Red 75% lastly to that level only.
Do you know if any other controls if i can use? But i have these 3 controls only in my color management controls of my projector.

BR
JIJI N K

·
Registered
595 Posts
It seems like I can't directly change the RGB range from full to limited. The color space range options I have are RGB and YCbCr; it's been set to Auto for the calibration attempts. There are HDMI 1.4 and 2.1 modes that I can switch between, too.
Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on but another good way to see if its a video levels mismatch would be to display a black level bars pattern (used to set brightness) from your blu-ray player. The alluringreality disc has one of these. Almost all modern displays require only a few ticks in either direction to set the black level/brightness setting. So, with the default setting, if the 16 bar and most of the ones below it are all clearly visible then I'd think that the tv is remapping things to PC levels so 16 is no longer black. If the brightness pattern looks good then there is something else going on. What model display is it? Is there an online manual? You may have to post your settings and then someone can see if there is something set that is causing your issue.

--tom

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The CCasts drop-down is empty for me and may be due Windows firewall even though I've turned it off. Anyone know how to workaround that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't see a bt1886 reference line in the graph I only see a 2.4 line. I have BT1886 selected in the reference menu. Am I missing something obvious? First time calibrating.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
I can't see a bt1886 reference line in the graph I only see a 2.4 line. I have BT1886 selected in the reference menu. Am I missing something obvious? First time calibrating.
The “shape” of the BT.1886 line varies based on the black level. If the black level is 0 then it becomes identical to gamma 2.4.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dear Experts,

My i1Pro could not be recognized by HCFR. It seems that there are problems because DisplayCal is also installed on the Windows 10 machine:

Question:
  1. Can someone help me and tell me how to use i1Pro with HCFR in parallel with DisplayCal?
  2. I have made some matrix meter corrections with DisplayCal. How can I import these settings (.ccmx) into HCFR? HCFR is installed under" C:\Program Files (x86)\HCFR Calibration
Thanks
Cheers
S.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Dear Experts,

My i1Pro could not be recognized by HCFR. It seems that there are problems because DisplayCal is also installed on the Windows 10 machine:
View attachment 3078483

Question:
  1. Can someone help me and tell me how to use i1Pro with HCFR in parallel with DisplayCal?
  2. I have made some matrix meter corrections with DisplayCal. How can I import these settings (.ccmx) into HCFR? HCFR is installed under" C:\Program Files (x86)\HCFR Calibration
Thanks
Cheers
S.
Have you tried using the driver in the HCFR folder? HCFR uses the older ArgyllCMS drivers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you tried using the driver in the HCFR folder? HCFR uses the older ArgyllCMS drivers.
On Windows 10 64bit I can't install the i1Pro diver (via right-click and than choose install) it, because I get a HW hash error!?

I only need the i1Pro for doing a correction, if somebody could help me where I need to put the ".ccmx" matrix correction file from DisplayCal so that HCFR can choose it for my Dispaly1Pro?

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,315 Posts
On Windows 10 64bit I can't install the i1Pro diver (via right-click and than choose install) it, because I get a HW hash error!?

I only need the i1Pro for doing a correction, if somebody could help me where I need to put the ".ccmx" matrix correction file from DisplayCal so that HCFR can choose it for my Dispaly1Pro?
If you have an i1 Pro and a i1D3 you should be generating a CCMX for your i1D3 from your i1 Pro.

And if you do that in DisplayCAL, it should automatically show up in HCFR for your i1D3 at the bottom of the list of display types you can choose for your i1D3.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don’t remember that I saw my matrix correction file, I think I have to copy it somewhere but I don’t know in which folder.

I need to check again, when I connect my meter during my next calibration...

Thanks for the support!!!

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
I don’t remember that I saw my matrix correction file, I think I have to copy it somewhere but I don’t know in which folder.

I need to check again, when I connect my meter during my next calibration...

Thanks for the support!!!
If you have the CCMX file you can just enter the correction matrix in HCFR manually, under the Sensor Matrix tab.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry if this is abit off topic can anyone help on how to create custom HCFR workflow with LG 2018 specific HDR codes please ? Ive tried many test patterns with hdr but i was told i need to create a specific workflow for the 2018 hdr patterns from mehaniks patterns to work this is the issue im having in the picture below the pattern measurements are alot higher than the target luminance

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi!

I have a Panasonic GZ950 oled tv.
For multipoint white balance controls it has wierd levels.
Is IRE equal with %? If I dispaly 50% white than I need to set the 50 IRE controls?
In other forum I read this:
For example, if you use the '90' control, you'll actually be adjusting 68.5% stimulus, and not 90% stimulus.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Hi!

I have a Panasonic GZ950 oled tv.
For multipoint white balance controls it has wierd levels.
Is IRE equal with %? If I dispaly 50% white than I need to set the 50 IRE controls?
In other forum I read this:
For example, if you use the '90' control, you'll actually be adjusting 68.5% stimulus, and not 90% stimulus.
View attachment 3078858
IRE is used loosely to mean the same as % stimulus level. The fact that in this case the 90 IRE controls affects the 68.5% stimulus, is likely due to “control displacement” rather than the difference in the terminology.

·
Registered
155 Posts
IRE is used loosely to mean the same as % stimulus level. The fact that in this case the 90 IRE controls affects the 68.5% stimulus, is likely due to “control displacement” rather than the difference in the terminology.
So is there no way to calibrate 90% white?
And how can I know which controls adjust which levels?

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
So is there no way to calibrate 90% white?
And how can I know which controls adjust which levels?
Panasonic would have to publish the list with the exact multipoint adjustment points. This is also the case with current LG and Samsung TVs.
Dominic is correct about the "loosely". IRE is a holdover from the days of analog TV and is incorrect for digital TVs. The levels for IRE and % stimulus do not exactly match up. IRE is actually a measure of voltage and includes a black level offset.

13561 - 13580 of 13614 Posts