AVS Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22920779

There is an error when trying to save the meter correction file.

I have tried every directory in the HCFR folder with the same error.
That may be from Windows 7 UAC security in the Program Files subfolders. You should be able to save it in your Documents folder, or you can change the permissions on the HCFR folder.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,362

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22920972

That may be from Windows 7 UAC security in the Program Files subfolders. You should be able to save it in your Documents folder, or you can change the permissions on the HCFR folder.

This happens on winxp as well, the matrix save/load stuff simply is not working at the moment. If you need to use a matrix you will have to cut and paste the whole thing from notepad into the sensor matrix edit box until this is fixed.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Okay, thanks.

One thing I noticed is the meter changes to "simulated" when I open a previously created .chc file. I didn't have any meter connected at the time, so I don't know if it does that when one is connected.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22921000

Okay, thanks.

One thing I noticed is the meter changes to "simulated" when I open a previously created .chc file. I didn't have any meter connected at the time, so I don't know if it does that when one is connected.

yes, the simulated meter with the saved data will come up if the probe file you saved is not connected.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22920955

It's determined by your white and black level but will never exceed 2.4. With BT.1886 reference you have to think about gamma calibration a little differently. With the other options (display, display+black compensation etc.) you are fitting functions to your measurements to yield a single parameter (gamma). With BT.1886 you are adjusting Y(x) to match a predetermined function that is calculated based on your white and black level.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,366
Was able to get .thc file load/save working. The files must be stored in the Etalon_xxxx sub-directory where xxxx depends on meter driver being used. Currently the load dialog is only available when opening a new probe instance. Also fixed a couple of minor graphing/page reporting issues.

HCFR Calibration.zip

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Did you do something with the gamma graphs/measures? I noticed on the version you uploaded before, if I changed the formula between display gamma and bt.1886 gamma, my measures were different. On this version, the gamma measures are the same between display gamma and bt.1886 (like it was before).

·
Registered
549 Posts
I used the last zip with i1D3

Is there a way to get absolute Luminance values for each IRE in cd/m2 based on % Gray 100?

I'd like to see target values to set Gamma without manual pre calculating based on % Gray 100 value and expected % per Gray

I'd like to adjust RGB levels based on selected Test Color to expected target, but I don't see that target value in HCFR.

What I'm missing?

Another Q. - is there a way to run "View images" generator continuously, in a loop?

In this way I can see results on another monitor and do TV controls adjustments at the same time and see updated resulting chart

thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have tried the last zip with I1D3.

The Greyscale & Primary/Secondary are OK, but the Sat measurements are KO because the image display is wrong.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22925071

Did you do something with the gamma graphs/measures? I noticed on the version you uploaded before, if I changed the formula between display gamma and bt.1886 gamma, my measures were different. On this version, the gamma measures are the same between display gamma and bt.1886 (like it was before).

yes, it's now the correct behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 

I'd like to see target values to set Gamma without manual pre calculating based on % Gray 100 value and expected % per Gray

The last line in the gray scale measures box "gamma Y" is what you want.
Quote:
I'd like to adjust RGB levels based on selected Test Color to expected target, but I don't see that target value in HCFR.

HCFR doesn't work that way. You have a bullseye target and then deltaxy and deltaluma values which update in real-time during continuous measures if you have enabled "detect primary colors during user measures" in preferences.
Quote:
Another Q. - is there a way to run "View images" generator continuously, in a loop?

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlucum 

The Greyscale & Primary/Secondary are OK, but the Sat measurements are KO because the image display is wrong.

Can you explain, perhaps with a screenshot?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Zoyd,

I made an other try (W7) and I can see that the 0% & 100% are black images.

An other point is the incompatibility of the .chc file with the previous version.

Your's shows the luminance in the left part of the primary/secondary while the V3 shows the RGB barrels.

Perhaps this is the source of issue.

·
Registered
549 Posts
thanks for all your answers.

One more Q.

Do I need to load any file and which one for my i1D3?

When I press calibrate sensor nothing been calibrated it just got back without asking me to do any black or etc measurement.

How do you calibrate i1D3?

How to get reference reading to see how my sensor is off or near to expected?

No, I don't have any other sensor, but one i1D3.

Mike

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22927226

thanks for all your answers.

One more Q.

Do I need to load any file and which one for my i1D3?

When I press calibrate sensor nothing been calibrated it just got back without asking me to do any black or etc measurement.

How do you calibrate i1D3?

How to get reference reading to see how my sensor is off or near to expected?

No, I don't have any other sensor, but one i1D3.

Mike

Some recommend putting up a 30% gray pattern to calibrate the D3, I don't calibrate mine.

Reference readings are taken from another meter, preferably a spectrophotometer or a reference meter. With only one meter you will either 1. take chances on matrices that others have posted (not good as each meter is slightly different), 2. just use your meter as is, or 3. find someone nearby with a spectro or reference meter you can create a correction file with.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlucun  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22926571

Hi Zoyd,

I made an other try (W7) and I can see that the 0% & 100% are black images.

[

thanks for the report, that's a bug in the view images generator, I'll post a fix later.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1300_100#post_22925532

The last line in the gray scale measures box "gamma Y" is what you want.

thanks for the answer.

Somehow I can't scroll down to see that last line under gray scale.

Yes, right scroller is all way down, but the last line isn't visible anyway.

I'm on Win 7 64bit, 1080p display.

Does it scroll correctly for everyone else?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22927538

thanks for the answer.

Somehow I can't scroll down to see that last line under gray scale.

Yes, right scroller is all way down, but the last line isn't visible anyway.

I'm on Win 7 64bit, 1080p display.

Does it scroll correctly for everyone else?

·
Registered
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22924891

Was able to get .thc file load/save working. The files must be stored in the Etalon_xxxx sub-directory where xxxx depends on meter driver being used. Currently the load dialog is only available when opening a new probe instance.

I hope you can fix that like it was so it can be used and load also to old measurements without sensor connected and no matter which folder have those .mhc files.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22927516

thanks for the report, that's a bug in the view images generator, I'll post a fix later.

Latest build with fix for "view images" saturation runs.

HCFR Calibration.zip

1361 - 1380 of 13608 Posts