AVS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Saturations work fine in the last version.

Thank you Zoyd.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1350#post_22924891

Currently the load dialog is only available when opening a new probe instance.

You can now load a .thc file from the advanced menu and I put back in the "Manually edit ..." selection, which opens the meter properties page. On that page is a tab to enter matrix values. zipped folder can be found at previous link.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Zoyd,can there be a meter correction file made for the i1D2 that can be used like how Chromapure and Spectracal are implemented ?

My meter has some drift and i'am just wondering if there is a work around without measuring it to a reference meter.Thanks.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22932862

Zoyd,can there be a meter correction file made for the i1D2 that can be used like how Chromapure and Spectracal are implemented ?

My meter has some drift and i'am just wondering if there is a work around without measuring it to a reference meter.Thanks.

That is how we implement it.

Our correction file is created using a reference meter.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Zoyd,

Is the Meter Correction File->Create Using Existing Reference Measure working yet, or am I doing something wrong? Also, when I check Reference Measure in one document, only the gamma graph shows the reference (dashed line) on the non-reference document, the other graphs do not.

Other than that, so far this looks great!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22933439

Zoyd,

Is the Meter Correction File->Create Using Existing Reference Measure working yet, or am I doing something wrong? Also, when I check Reference Measure in one document, only the gamma graph shows the reference (dashed line) on the non-reference document, the other graphs do not.

Other than that, so far this looks great!

Check that the sensor matrix has updated and if so you are ok. Right now the values in your document don't refresh using the correction so it looks like nothing happens, I need to fix this so it behaves like the former versions. The difference between the current and former schemes is that there used to be 2 separate correction matrices, one for training the uncalibrated HCFR probe (.thc) and another for correcting a calibrated prober (meter correction or .mhc files). John changed this to use just one (.thc) to simplify the code. I'll try to make it look more consistent with the behavior of previous versions but it may take a little while.

Regarding display of the reference document curves in non-reference documents this needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22933588

Check that the sensor matrix has updated and if so you are ok.
Yes, it did update. That's good.
Quote:
Right now the values in your document don't refresh using the correction so it looks like nothing happens, I need to fix this so it behaves like the former versions.
Right, I didn't see the values or the XYZ Adjustment checkbox (which is always read-only now) change. But if I select something like switching between xyY and XYZ and back, it refreshes and the values are updated by the matrix. So that's an easy workaround. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
376 Posts
hello

I have just a basic question, but it would take too long to read all the posts.

What is fork of HCFR? Is this a variant of the original HCFR? If yes, what are the advantages/benefits of this variant compared to the original? If no, what is the fork of HCFR?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman123  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1300_100#post_22937318

hello

I have just a basic question, but it would take too long to read all the posts.

What is fork of HCFR? Is this a variant of the original HCFR? If yes, what are the advantages/benefits of this variant compared to the original? If no, what is the fork of HCFR?

Thanks for the help.

Zoyd and a few others have taken the original, and given it more features and the ability to use newer meters.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Thanks zoyd.

Do you think you'll ever be able to get your new versions to read mhc files again? That's the one thing I missed from the older versions.

edit: I think I found a workaround. I started a new calibration, entered the sensor matrix offsets; then I went to Advanced -> meter correction file -> save meter correction file and saved it to a thc file. Now when I start a new calibration, I can select the thc file from the dropdown box. At first the offsets don't appear in the meter matrix tab, but when you click OK and check the sensor again, the matrix is loaded.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22937790

Latest build.

fixes:

-reference document overlays work again

-meter correction code and functionality is very similar to previous version

Thanks

Now matrix functions is just ok, those who have used .mhc files must save matrix to .thc (you must also use HCFR as administrator or it won´t let you save that .thc file, at least that´s case with Win8)

Seems that it also saves values as matrix corrected with .chc but when meter is not connected "XYZ Adjustment" checkbox is grayed and it´s not shown "manually edit..." however it´s used.

When you load .chc file and there´s matrix used and if you load same correction from "Etalon_Simulation" folder it uses that matrix twice.

So actually matrix .thc file is not included with .chc like it was earlier with .mhc files.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22937933

Thanks zoyd.

Do you think you'll ever be able to get your new versions to read mhc files again? That's the one thing I missed from the older versions.

edit: I think I found a workaround. I started a new calibration, entered the sensor matrix offsets; then I went to Advanced -> meter correction file -> save meter correction file and saved it to a thc file. Now when I start a new calibration, I can select the thc file from the dropdown box. At first the offsets don't appear in the meter matrix tab, but when you click OK and check the sensor again, the matrix is loaded.

It's probably not too hard to add the .chc reader back in at some point but I wanted to get the basic .thc functionality working first and stable with the new meter and color code. This version should be fine for most purposes. As you found, you can convert your offsets manually via the sensor properties box and then save it with the probe or as a separate .thc file.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22937957

So actually matrix .thc file is not included with .chc like it was earlier with .mhc files.

The correction matrix is stored in the probe.chc file and will be restored as long as the probe is plugged in.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22938139

The correction matrix is stored in the probe.chc file and will be restored as long as the probe is plugged in.

Okay, so when you load .chc file matrix is there (unvisible) when probe is disconnected and also values are like with matrix, but when you connect probe you can also see matrix.

edit:

It´s not bring matrix visible just by connecting probe, after that you have to re-open file and then you can see matrix and choice "XYZ Adjustment".

Maby this could be fixed in future versions that you can also see matrix without probe connected (Simulated sensor) ?

Is that "Final release" or are you going to make some more tweaks?

That should be named to 3.0.5

Great job, thanks again

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,398
I'm still tweaking/adding stuff, I also don't want to bump the version number since this has not been merged with the master code. I've published changes to a fork of the master code and they can be found here.

Current zip distribution link has been updated with:

1. fixed radio button comestic issue

2. added 75% sat/75% luminance Rec.709 color space target choice to the available reference color space choices.

#2 is useful for calibrating plasmas with non-linear saturation response. Note that when using this choice you must use 75% saturation/75% luminance RGBCYMW patterns with a 2.22 target gamma. These are available on the GCD disk.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22937914

Zoyd and a few others have taken the original, and given it more features and the ability to use newer meters.

Thanks for the reply. That looks interesting. I used HCFR a few years ago, but then I moved on to Chromapure.

What are the main added features of "Fork of HCFR" compared to standard HCFR?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
zoyd can probably add more things he and John have done, but AFAIK, the more major things that have changed are:

-Changed delta E formula for color gamut from CIELUV to CIE94 (can be set back to CIELUV in the options)

-Added BT.1886 gamma formula (can be set back to power law)

-Added support for more meters (i1D3, Colormunki Photo and Display and more)

-Reconfigured the meter profiling options

As you can see, zoyd also just added 75%sat/75%lum targets, but he hasn't uploaded this build yet (AFAIK).

1381 - 1400 of 13608 Posts