AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 13608 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
In the improvements it will be nice that HCFR accepts the measures with the diffuser in place on the I1D3 probe (to measure facing the projector),
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22942548


As you can see, zoyd also just added 75%sat/75%lum targets, but he hasn't uploaded this build yet (AFAIK).

the previously posted link has the update, as well as the sourceforge page I linked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,645 Posts
I see.


Will you release in zip format from now on, or do you plan on making install packages once you've added everything you wanted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1300_100#post_22942548


zoyd can probably add more things he and John have done, but AFAIK, the more major things that have changed are:

-Changed delta E formula for color gamut from CIELUV to CIE94 (can be set back to CIELUV in the options)

-Added BT.1886 gamma formula (can be set back to power law)

-Added support for more meters (i1D3, Colormunki Photo and Display and more)

-Reconfigured the meter profiling options


As you can see, zoyd also just added 75%sat/75%lum targets, but he hasn't uploaded this build yet (AFAIK).

This "-Added support for more meters (i1D3, Colormunki Photo and Display and more)" is big deal for me

Even just this integration makes Fork HCFR diff.

Almost the next day fixes for calculations and charts, what else you can wish for from "free" product that competes with commercial products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Zoyd,


The 75/75 new color measure for HCFR is super.I tried a quick calibration in custom mode on my GT30just to get a feel of things and it helped me see things more linear,measurement wise....


Previous method 75/100 gave me odd delta's at times trying to set color and tint due to the abl...


Thanks again Zoyd for all your time and effort...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlucun  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22942575


In the improvements it will be nice that HCFR accepts the measures with the diffuser in place on the I1D3 probe (to measure facing the projector),

the D3 has an ambient mode with diffuser in place but this is for reading ambient light in illuminance (lux), I'm not sure it can be used this way for calibration.



@PeterLewis: thanks!



@rahzel: doesn't matter to me what format to post updates in, I can link both a zip of the directory and an installable exe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22945286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlucun  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22942575


In the improvements it will be nice that HCFR accepts the measures with the diffuser in place on the I1D3 probe (to measure facing the projector),

the D3 has an ambient mode with diffuser in place but this is for reading ambient light in illuminance (lux), I'm not sure it can be used this way for calibration.

Perhaps you could keep a link, that you update when needed, to the newest available version in your signature as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22945286


the D3 has an ambient mode with diffuser in place but this is for reading ambient light in illuminance (lux), I'm not sure it can be used this way for calibration.


It seems to me that the D3 works in this mode with other calibration software, but I will try again

The use of a meter correction file 'screen/projector' should restore the color.

The idea was to protect the sensor from too strong light.

Do you think that this protection is useless?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
what model are you using to calculate dE? Lab, Luv, LCH?


I have been trying to verify the dE presented and have not been able to find a match.


these are from the last 2 versions posted here using the same settings and data



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,645 Posts
AFAIK, HCFR has always used LUV for grayscale. Zoyd just modified the i1D3's meter code to stabilize readings, particularly low-light readings. If those are the same measures, just loaded into different versions of HCFR, maybe there's a bug. If they are different measures of the same settings, then it's probably just the updated meter code causing the differences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,411
The current version, which is the only one you should be using, uses CIELUV without the consideration of luminance for grayscale. This is identical to the original version 2.1 selection "do not use luminance in deltaE formula" selection. I've compared the two versions to verify they are the same.


For color you have the choice of CIELUV (with luminance consideration) or CIE94.


Here is a comparison of dE values between Calman dEuv calculation and HCFR

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1380#post_22940353


I'm still tweaking/adding stuff, I also don't want to bump the version number since this has not been merged with the master code. I've published changes to a fork of the master code and they can be found here.


Current zip distribution link has been updated with:


1. fixed radio button comestic issue

2. added 75% sat/75% luminance Rec.709 color space target choice to the available reference color space choices.


#2 is useful for calibrating plasmas with non-linear saturation response. Note that when using this choice you must use 75% saturation/75% luminance RGBCYMW patterns with a 2.22 target gamma. These are available on the GCD disk.
Is this where to always find the latest version? http://sourceforge.net/u/zoyd000/hcfr


I'm a little confused as to whether the dropbox links you have posted or that sourceforge page are the best place to look for the current version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1410#post_22947604


The current version, which is the only one you should be using, uses CIELUV without the consideration of luminance for grayscale. This is identical to the original version 2.1 selection "do not use luminance in deltaE formula" selection. I've compared the two versions to verify they are the same.


For color you have the choice of CIELUV (with luminance consideration) or CIE94.


Here is a comparison of dE values between Calman dEuv calculation and HCFR


thanks zoyd, I misinterpreted the change to dE94 as applying to grayscale also, but see the dE94 is for gamut only, grayscale remains dE76.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1410#post_22950273


Is this where to always find the latest version? http://sourceforge.net/u/zoyd000/hcfr


I'm a little confused as to whether the dropbox links you have posted or that sourceforge page are the best place to look for the current version.

yeah, forget the dropbox link, I put the current link from sourceforge in my sig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,415 Posts
A few questions, apologies if these have already been answered:


Would it be possible to modify the "image generator" in HCFR to generate APL patterns instead of windows on black background?


Similar to the image generator, is it possible/practical to create another generator that lets you select a series of mp4 files for the patterns (think AVS 709 disc mp4's) and use those instead of images?


The "overlay" mode in the image generator throws off an error on my PC. Is overlay known to be broken? Does it even matter if I am using xbmc/WMC for my content as I think they use EVR and not overlay?


Many thanks for your efforts on continuing to update HCFR, the software is brilliant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,416
The image generation stuff is new for me so I don't know how much I can tweak. Putting in APL backgrounds might be doable but loading of custom .mp4 I don't think I'll have the time to get into that. Maybe someone else can comment on the signal path used also, in other words does calibrating with view images calibrate a particular viewer application like WMC? I have no idea. The best thing to do in that case is use the manual DVD mode and then find a way to generate the patterns from your application during measurement, don't know how easy that is either but presumably you could play the AVS HD mp4 through WMC and measure with HCFR. I know view images is neat because it's automatic but if you're not sure your calibrating the right signal chain it's not worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,415 Posts
OK understood thanks.


My programming skills are nil so I'm not complaining at all, very grateful for what we have. I wonder if it could be pretty easy with mp4's and WMP just having HCFR call mediaplayer.exe "user defined path to correct mp4 for test" and then having HCFR kill the WMP task once a reading is taken. It would be ugly process wise, but the automated readings save so much time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1410#post_22965452


OK understood thanks.


My programming skills are nil so I'm not complaining at all, very grateful for what we have. I wonder if it could be pretty easy with mp4's and WMP just having HCFR call mediaplayer.exe "user defined path to correct mp4 for test" and then having HCFR kill the WMP task once a reading is taken. It would be ugly process wise, but the automated readings save so much time.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but it sounds like you need to select Measures --> Generator --> Select --> View Images. This is automated from patterns inside HCFR. On the configuration menu you can set the window size by percent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509  /t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed/1410#post_22968860


I'm not sure what you are looking for, but it sounds like you need to select Measures --> Generator --> Select --> View Images. This is automated from patterns inside HCFR.
Yes that is what I am currently using. I was looking for a way to use a set of user defined mp4 files though so that way you are calibrating against images which go through the same computation pipeline as your media player does. The image generator uses windows GDI, which may give different results than the images you get by playing an mp4 file.


You can currently do it all manually with the DVD generator of course, but an automated way would be a nice time saver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,420
Version 3.0.4.1 has been uploaded to sourceforge.


Changes:


-Merged in a backport of the 1.5beta code for the D3 and optimized integration times for refresh display. It is important that you sync your probe using the calibrate function to a pattern >= 50% prior to taking measurements.

-Added 6 color checker targets (advanced->preferences->references->color space standard->CC6). Colors are, light skin, blue sky, foliage, blue flower, yellow green, orange yellow

-Fixed view images generator so that it displays proper RGB triplets when using Rec709(75%) and CC6

-Some labeling and graphing fixes for the new color spaces


let me know if I broke anything.
 
1401 - 1420 of 13608 Posts
Top