AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at work today, a Sony Level 2 tech left a message at home that one of the problems I reported was fixed and working now. My wife took the message and did not understand anything she said . . . so when I got home I tried to duplicate the hour and half hour dropouts by jumping from an OTA channel to 509 and no dropout at 9:30 (watching the Matrix). I set up another sequence from 5.1 and jump to 504 and no dropout at 10:00. Both of these scenarios caused dropouts in the past.

I can not find any indication of a download or rev change, but I have never been able to verify exactly what software is in the HD100 besides the Menu/Down arrow self test, which has the same ROM rev level, but I think the EEPROM or flash would change, but never have found any revisions like the RCA, Panny, or Toshiba have.

Anybody else able to verify this fix? I will try to get in touch with the Level 2 tech tomorrow and get more details.

If this is fixed, I still have a few other open events dealing with PSIP, Fan noise, OTA lip sync (although since the broadcasters have changed I have not really seen this) to check on also. Maybe some progress here.

Warren

·
Registered
961 Posts
As far as I can tell, Sony has fixed two problems:

-> The half-hourly dropout problem

-> A problem with multicasting stations where *.2s and *.3s dropped out every few seconds.

Art

·
Registered
82 Posts
Talked to Sony they did download from satellite fix 1 of 3 proposed according to tech 2 tech I talked to. They are working on the lipsync problem and should have it corrected by the 15th of July. The tech I talked to said it was very hush material but another tech told him that he had heard this in a tech meeting. I said thanks for the info and hung up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.