AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two nights I have been unable to tune in FOX or UPN on either 5.1, 5.2 or 44.1 & 44.2 here in NYC.

I still have a signal strength in the high 90's and it's locked, but can't view either station. Sometimes the remapping info gets screwed up, so I scaned to ADD new channels but it still wouldn't find them. Then I AUTO scanned but now the HD-100 is only finding 56 (CBS) and a weak 24 but no other DT stations.

Is anyone else having this problem or should I finally take my HD-100 out back and shoot it?

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a dish 6000 and have been having problems with them (UPN and FOX) for a couble of weeks. For awhile I couldn't get the UPN subchannel when others could. Then I got both of them ok for a few days. Then I got the audio from one and the video from the other on the same channel. Then I got no picture but sound and when I would change channels, a single frame or the picture would pop up and then go away. Now I have nothing. Its a good thing neither of them have HD content otherwise this would really be frustrating.

chad

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I am still having this problem in the NYC area with my 6000. Have any of you found a fix for this? I did not really care until last night when I wanted to check out the Phantom Menac4e, but only received voice.

baimo

·
Registered
266 Posts
AS of Right now ( 330pm ET), I did a

Re-scan with my UM ( Unity Motion )

Receiver and it found both WNYW and WWOR

on ch. 44..

·
Registered
390 Posts
davebach - Yes, take it out back :D I noticed down here that if the local station's PSIP info is not perfectly conforming to the "spec" that the HD100 will not display anything. Signal can be fine. That with it's other flaws prompted me to go with the Zenith (which has it's own issues that I can live with).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Keith
AS of Right now ( 330pm ET), I did a

Re-scan with my UM ( Unity Motion )

Receiver and it found both WNYW and WWOR

on ch. 44..
The dish6000 finds both of them fine along with their call letters and channel #5. But as soon as I try to view them, I get a strong signal with wwor's audio with no video on the 44-01 wnyw slot and I get nothing but a strong signal on 44-02.

Pretty wierd. I don't sweat it too much. There isnt much good on either station. But I would like to figure it out. I have tried all sorts of different settings (off-air, cable, irc, etc), but cant figure this one out.

:confused: baimo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally posted by baimo
I am still having this problem in the NYC area with my 6000. Have any of you found a fix for this? I did not really care until last night when I wanted to check out the Phantom Menac4e, but only received voice.

baimo
This problem has since gone away for me. I am back to receiving FOX on 5.1 and UPN on 5.2 on my HD-100.

Dave

·
Registered
75 Posts
I keep losing UPN also. For awhile I could find it at 44.3 on my RCA F38010. FOX has always been 44.2 for me.

Something else seems to have changed because my large yagi antenna no longer receives 44 at all. I have had to go back to the set-top double bow tie with manual adjustments to get a strong signal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I keep losing UPN also. For awhile I could find it at 44.3 on my RCA F38010. FOX has always been 44.2 for me.

Something else seems to have changed because my large yagi antenna no longer receives 44 at all. I have had to go back to the set-top double bow tie with manual adjustments to get a strong signal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.