AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to beat a dead horse here, or start rumors, or contribute to rumors about the HD-100.

That said, I spoke with Sony again regarding the continuing dropout problems, and as expected I heard something completely different than everyone else.

The tech I spoke with said that this problem will be addressed "late this summer" with an update. Try not to be too disheartened though as he also told me that I should make sure that the remote control for the HD-100 is programmed to control my XBR-400-- implying that my remote is the cause of my reception problems because "it needs to know what kind of TV I have." So I'm not sure if he's an actual technician or if he's a building custodian that just wandered past a ringing telephone in the Sony office.

Well, whichever the case may be I'm really getting sick of being a guinea pig for Sony. If there are any forum members who have spoken with level 2 techs that know more than my janitorial connection, and can confirm any recent activity regardiing Sony and the HD-100, I'm sure that we'd all appreciate an update.

Dave

[This message has been edited by davebach (edited 05-09-2001).]

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hmmm, my remote is in a drawer in another room (since I use a Pronto), maybe that's been the problem all along.

I haven't had a (on the half hour) drop-out since the transponder swap thing was discovered.

Roger

------------------

System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS

Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable

Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well, I made my first phone call to Sony about the half-hourly dropouts yesterday. The tech I spoke with was familiar with the problem. He said the engineers were aware of it and working on an update which would be sent via DirecTV satellite in the near future. Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.