AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an new Radi-osophy HD-100 radio today, and it was very easy to setup. The reception for FM is great not to mention being in a contour area of 100.5 MHz of overload problems with other radios I have. I have an issue, I tried to pull in WRVA-HD, WCBS-HD, WOR-HD, but the station will not come in on HD this evening the "digital" blue light keeps on just flashing and sometimes displays the call sign, still no HD signal Is this normal, or do I need to get it replaced? Is it supposed to receive HD-AM stations even when weak to moderate signal strength? There is a local HD AM station on WJOI-HD on 1230 kHz, I hope I can receive that one when it returns back on the air. If it does not it's going back to the seller and probably get another replacement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Radiosophy and the FM performance is great. For AM, I don't believe IBOC is a workable system. If you to to the FCC site, you will see that more FM stations are adopting the technology, while activity on the AM side has stalled. In fact, many AM stations are turning it off.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...701&highlight=

As you can read in my previous post, I bought one of these during the summer of 2007. I have since bought an HD radio for my pickup truck, a Sony HD, and a Sangean HD radio. I have since sold the Sangean and Sony. Not that they are/were bad radios, in fact they are very good, but rather because the local broadcaster stopped carrying All Comedy Radio on the -2 that I formerly listened on. I did add the Best Buy Insignia portable. Anyway, I point this out so that you know that I have experience with several different HD radios. As has already been pointed out, the HD AM experience (experiment) has been interesting, but I am convinced that it is essentially a failure. I would encourage you to experiemtn with listening to HD AM, but don't get too disappointed with what you hear. On the other hand, when HD FM is present it is pretty good. The FCC has finally allowed a power increase, so that will be noticeable to many listeners soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts