AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this thing home. I'm using a vga cable form the sony to my Runco Plama... my question is, how come the image isn't filling the screen on high def stations (199, 509)... it's about one inch shy on either side.

thanks... I'm sure this is the first of many questions.

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
lhamp,

If you noticed my post from yesterday "VGA Problem with Sony?", I mentioned, on my Zenith, that non-hd stations were horizontally squished about 20%. This was EXACTLY the same problem I had with the RCA before they downloaded the additional retrace timings several months ago. I didn't notice a problem with the component picture which seems properly sized or with the 1080i signals through the VGA connector. I have a feeling this could be part of your problem (retrace timings). Someone else noted a similair problem in a post several days ago.

I alerted Sony to this problem, but in the meantime, if you can go through component output (if your setup allows), this may be the fix. This assumes that you have set the Sony to 16:9.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys... my bad... I went into my screen and just changed a setting from 1080i(b) to 1080i(a)... so far, so good... 199 looks amazing. More to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.