AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to bypass my Plasma's processor in order to take advantage of the Sony's "variable" output. To do this, I need to go vga into my plasma's box. I have a cord with vga on both ends... and one with rgb on one end, vga on the other. My question is... is there such thing as a cord with vga on one end and Y/Pb/Pr (component) on the other?

My cord with rgb on one end is a five pin cord (rgb-hv)... the panasonic accepted this cord, sony doesn't... will it work to just use the rgb pins on the sony and leave the v and h pins hanging?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by lhamp (edited 03-17-2001).]

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Variable mode on the Sony is only available on the component outputs, not the VGA. So, if you need to go into the plasma's VGA input, you will need a Component to RGB transcoder, available from Key Digital for under $200 I think. YPbPr and VGA/RGBHV are not the same thing.

Tony

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
As far as I know there is no such cable. This is why the DTC100 needs a transcoder for component output.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys... you answered what 5 salesmen from "high end" stores in nyc couldn't... they told me to just let the h and v pins from the rgbhv dangle... which I tried, and of course, didn't work.

Thank heavens for this site.

Tony... where is Key Digital... is it onine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.