AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one else experiencing no audio on WHYY channel 12.3 HD? Also KYW 10.1 signal has been difficult for my HD-100 to lock onto. Any body else having the same problems?

Is it the Sony HD-100 with a new problem to add to the list or is it WHYY.

By the way I live in Elkins Park, Pa about ten miles from the towers with nothing in the way and on high ground.

------------------

Ginz

·
Registered
136 Posts
This are problems coming from your broadcast towers. If you are only getting one problem with one station and the other channels are working fine then it is a channel problem. Not a Sony sat-hd100 problem. Have you tried calling the broadcast channel and find out what's going on?

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ginz -

Last time I checked (a couple of nights ago), I got no audio from WHYY. I also use the SAT-HD100. I suspect that WHYY is doing some experimentation. Nova in HD is on tonight, so I hope it gets fixed.

RSL

·
Registered
196 Posts
WHYY-55 is frequently working with and changing audio assignments, program assignments, etc. For a while there, they had no signal whatsoever on 12.1 - only 12.3. Now, it appears the main HD program is reverted to 12.1. So, don't be quick to blame your tuner - it may very well be something happening at WHYY.

KYW is not 10.1 - it's 3.1. WCAU should be 10.1, but they are not transmitting any virtual channel PSIP data.

KC

·
Registered
168 Posts
KC

Check again. I see and hear WHYY HD on 12.3. In fact, 12.1 does not have any signal at all. It appears as though they are giving all of the bandwidth to 12.3.

A couple a weeks ago (as I previosly posted somewhere) this was sent to me by WHYY:

"We're bumping the WHYY-DT, HDTV transmission rate from 13.6mbs. back up to 14.5 mbs. since we're not presently broadcasting the additional simulcast SD channel. In the near future, we'll be testing mode switching controlled by master control to transition between SD and HD at specific

times of the day. This is the proposed service model to enable a diverse 4-channel multicast SD service and accommodate high definition programming during prime time."

(They are allowing more bandwith for HD programming)

-Bill-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.