Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony SAT HD-100 Question

Bought 4 of these operating off HDTV Dish thru Spaun.

Experience random outage, about 5 seconds, on half/ top of

hour- random and not all receivers go out. In line amps

help but it happens on closest (30foot) and farthest(250

feet) with amps. I know it sounds crazy, but it has me

baffled! Help!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome to Sony HD-100 hell.

You should be able to get all of your boxes to drop by first tuning to a dtv ota station and then to 199 or 509 right before the half or hour mark. Some say they experience the drop out on any directv station, I mainly watch hd so I have not witnessed this. This problem is been out there for months and sony shows no sign of fixing it nor are they doing anything to keep current owners of this box informed on its status.

It also appears that Sony may have stopped shipping the box. Some people have posted that retailers are saying the boxes are no longer available from Sony. I stopped in Magnolias and they told me that they have been informed that there will be no more Sony boxes until next year.

You may want to consider returning those boxes as defective. I am currently in the process of getting Sony to refund my purchase. At Magnolias I saw the Mits box it looked nice and seemed responsive. From what I understand it is the same box as the tosh and Hughes. From what I understand Hughes is the OEM manufacture of that box.

Regards

Brian

[This message has been edited by btmoore (edited 05-26-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.