AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've experienced this. I'm trying to play Saw III SD DVD (original) and it refuses to play. However, after backing it up to DVD-R DL, it plays the movie.


I suspect the Sony copy protection does this.


Anybody else having thing problem? (note that SAW III is the first Sony SD DVD that uses this level of protection).


If this is the sign of things to come, I won't be buying Sony SD DVD anymore. Just rent and back it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0


This is the first time I've experienced this. I'm trying to play Saw III SD DVD (original) and it refuses to play. However, after backing it up to DVD-R DL, it plays the movie.


I suspect the Sony copy protection does this.


Anybody else having thing problem? (note that SAW III is the first Sony SD DVD that uses this level of protection).


If this is the sign of things to come, I won't be buying Sony SD DVD anymore. Just rent and back it up.

Sometimes imbalanced disc will have such issues. I have a copy of Charle and Lola DVD (two disc set) for my little one that does the same thing. One disc plays flawlessly, while the disc two would freeze up everytime. However, the backup copy plays fine.
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,624 Posts
For a second there I thought there was an HD DVD version. I bought the BD version and would have been pissed if I missed buying an HD DVD version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0


For a second there I thought there was an HD DVD version. I bought the BD version and would have been pissed if I missed buying an HD DVD version.

LOL - I just watched this tonight on BR and clicked on this post because I thought the same thing.


Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0


This is the first time I've experienced this. I'm trying to play Saw III SD DVD (original) and it refuses to play. However, after backing it up to DVD-R DL, it plays the movie.


I suspect the Sony copy protection does this.


Anybody else having thing problem? (note that SAW III is the first Sony SD DVD that uses this level of protection).


If this is the sign of things to come, I won't be buying Sony SD DVD anymore. Just rent and back it up.


I watched the saw 3 last night with no problems on the hd a1.

the brain surgery scene is quite frightening on a 100" screen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeeedy /forum/post/0


Its Lions Gate. I watched it last night on my A1 with 0 problems. What firmware version do you have?

Yes, it's Lions Gate but it uses Sony ARCCOS copy protection scheme. I used their latest firmware released by Toshiba (2.0).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Hmm i tried to watch "Crank" another LGF title on my A1 last night and it too would not play. All it would do is play the previews when i clicked on "play movie"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewretched22 /forum/post/0


Hmm i tried to watch "Crank" another LGF title on my A1 last night and it too would not play. All it would do is play the previews when i clicked on "play movie"

I haven't tried SAW III, but Crank worked fine on my A1 with firmware 2.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewretched22 /forum/post/0


Hmm i tried to watch "Crank" another LGF title on my A1 last night and it too would not play. All it would do is play the previews when i clicked on "play movie"


crank also played perfectly fine on my a-1 too.

what firmware are you using? hope you are using 2.0?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top