AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on whether to put HD and DVD to 42PWD6UY via the single component input provided thru my reciever (with component switching) or route them directly by converting the VGA input to a component input? Pros or cons? I would imagine being able to have seperate calibration for the two sources would be the biggest advantage to seperate inputs. For this thread let's assume DVI isn't yet a viable option. Thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You may or may not find that your ideal picture settings are different for those 2 sources. If they are significantly different, using separate inputs would be easier for you than having to change the picture mode each time you switch sources.

·
Registered
380 Posts
to use the vga as a component input for dvd player and/or stb, which breakout cable do you recommend, VGA to 5 x bnc, or will a vga to 3 x rca will do? In other words, will i ever regret not having the H and V sync in addition to the r,g, and b?

My motorola 5100 hd box does not use h and v, but twc use to have a hughes hd box that did.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am doing this with my Denon 1802, switching the DST3000 and RP91 through the reciever and out to the component on the 42PWD6UY. The picture quality is absolutely fantastic with no loss in quality or signal.

Steve

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am actually having this debate myself. I am currently switching my inputs through a Denon 3803 receiver and have not seen any loss of PQ. However, I have noticed that my PQ settings are very different when coming from DVD versus HD cable and the advantage of having the direct hookups to the plasma is that I could keep the settings stored individually so that it changes when the input changes (which can be changed by remote as opposed to PQ settings (which is much harder to script remotely).

I'm thinking about making the change but too lazy to go messing around the back of the plasma at this point. I still have to install my DVI blade as well (though the impetus to do that is less at this time since I don't have a DVI source yet). :)

Spleen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.