AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Hughes E86 and I noticed that the manual states that when the unit it sending 1080i signal that the s-video 480i signal is off and vice versa.

This sort of sucks for my system, since I want to send 480i to my ReplayTV and 1080i to my BenQ Plasma --

Do any of the HD sat receivers serve up both HD and SD signals simultaneously? If they do, does anyone want an E86?

don

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
See the HDTV STB Synopsis.

·
Registered
223 Posts
STB from Samsung does it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, just found the same thing out myself, after buying the E-86. What a bummer. Not to mention, upconverted SDTV is stretched horizontally, and no amount of fiddling with the aspect controls on the E86 or on my projector will produce a 4:3 upconverted image. Oh well-- that's what I get for entry-level HD gear. My parents used to always say "cheap is dear".

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mortgagepanic
Not to mention, upconverted SDTV is stretched horizontally, and no amount of fiddling with the aspect controls on the E86 or on my projector will produce a 4:3 upconverted image.
Eh? Action-8 will change the appearance of SDTV channels (e.g., most DirecTV) among 3 options, one of which is 4x3 in a window with grey bars.

If you meant upconverted at the source like 90% of ESPN-HD, then you are correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.