AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basic Cable & i Have a outdoor HD antenna so when i want to watch HD i would have to remove the cable wire from the tv & hook up the Hd antenna wire to the tv which is alot of work so i bought a switch Cable on A Hd on B but this did not work to good it lost 30 to 40% of signal using the switch on HD , what can i do ?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan diego /forum/post/15567078

I have basic Cable & i Have a outdoor HD antenna so when i want to watch HD i would have to remove the cable wire from the tv & hook up the Hd antenna wire to the tv which is alot of work so i bought a switch Cable on A Hd on B but this did not work to good it lost 30 to 40% of signal using the switch on HD , what can i do ?

Make sure all your connections are good. Don't use those push on F connectors for TV cable. If you do make sure they are on good by moving them a around to clean any film or corrosion, even if you can't see any.

Next by a different switch. I use them here, even a cheap one I bought at WalMart and it works ok.

Also before returning it switch it back and forth between A and B about 20 times fast as there maybe corrosion in the switch.

If nothing, return and try again. A/B switches do work.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Does your TV have a QAM (digital-cable ready) tuner? If it does, try scanning your cable-TV feed for digital channels. You'll probably be able to get most of your local HD stations without the antenna. Most cable companies provide them un-encrypted, even if you have only an analog basic package.

The channel numbers might not be where you would expect them, though. For example, channel 7 might be on 87.5 or something weird like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The switch is new & yes the tuner has QAM , will trying scanning the digital HD channels through the cable line

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No digital signal through cable caught analog stations only ,

Getting HD stations through DB4 outdoor antenna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts