AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just purchased an AVerTVHD Duet (white box) and tried it with WMC 7. The pictures looked great but only found 7 channels. I need to know which would be the best way to get as many channels as possible. Would you recommend if I connect thru my Time Warner cable box (Scientific Atlanta 4250) as pass thru to my AVerTVHD Duet or buy an HD Antenna for that matter. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketheduke /forum/post/20813101

Would you recommend if I connect thru my Time Warner cable box (Scientific Atlanta 4250) as pass thru to my AVerTVHD Duet or buy an HD Antenna for that matter.

What kind of black magic are you going to use to get that cable box to pass HD to the Aver tuner? It's not possible. It can be used as a clear QAM tuner, but really you'll probably get more channels using it as an OTA tuner. Time Warner is notoriously stingey when it comes to giving away HD channels in the clear.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Before you ever got the card you should have known how many clear QAM channels you had by connecting the cable directly to the TV. In some cases this card doesn't pick up all the clear QAM chs a TV does. You then have to compare that list to what's available OTA - do a search on TVfool or equivalent in your zip code. You then need to decide if what's available on cable vs. what's available OTA is worth the hassle of putting up an antenna.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts