AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could help me out with some Over the air antenna questions. I live in Jersey City, NJ right outside New York City and am looking to install a rooftop antenna to receive HD signals. I am told that I can receive signals from Phila and New Haven CT from my location but obviously are in different directions. Does anyone have an experience with using a motorized rotator that will change the direction of the antenna depending on which channel I select. How does this work and how is it mounted. I curently only receive cbs and Fox in the New York area. Is this consistent with other people in this area. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here's a link to a post at The Home Theater Spot about my attic-mounted antenna using a rotator: http://www.***************.com/cgi-b...55&t=000188&p= .

This setup allows me to aim the antenna at the two different broadcast tower locations in the San Diego area as well as at Mt. Wilson in LA. The rotator has a remote control and allows programming of specific compass directions. It works very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.