AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a project where I need to get a higher quality video feed into the computer to serve as the source for a Skype or Google hangouts video conference. WebCams won't work because the subject will be on stage and too far away for a fixed focus length.

Is there any way to use current HD camcorder in this way? Back in the mini DV days, you could connect camcorder via FireWire and have it served as camera source, but none of the current generations seem to allow you to that over USB.

Are there any camcorders that will let you do this?

Or does the only solution lies in HDMI to USB capture devices? The cheapest ones seems seem to be focused on console gaming capture. Does anyone know they can be used for this purpose?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
"The Panasonic HC-V750 has "Real Time Broadcasting with a Built-in Wi-Fi function that enables Real Time Broadcasting of important events via Ustream. This lets you deliver live images to people with Internet access around the world. There is also a function to send e-mail to notify the start of broadcasting to preregistered e-mail addresses."

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"The Panasonic HC-V750 has "Real Time Broadcasting with a Built-in Wi-Fi function that enables Real Time Broadcasting of important events via Ustream. This lets you deliver live images to people with Internet access around the world. There is also a function to send e-mail to notify the start of broadcasting to preregistered e-mail addresses."
I'm aware of the Panasonic and Sony wifi camcorders that will stream independently to ustream. That is an interesting feature, but I'm looking for something that can input live to a computer. From the computer, the image could be used for any streaming service, have overlays, used for videoconferencing, etc.

Does anything have something like what Firewire did previously?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The problem is with the computer and NOT the camera. You need to create an HDMI or A/V input on your computer for a live input from a V750.
To get live input directly you may need to buy a decent webcam which is designed for the purpose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts