AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Canon HG20. My main purpose is to record guitar instructional videos indoors. I did some tests today and the video seems fairly noisy (i.e. similar to the artifacts you see in photos shot with low light and long shutter speed). Also, the large number of pixels on a small sensor I suppose implies noise as well. I am just wondering if I jumped into HD too quick. Would lower resolution camcorders with larger sensors produce less noise? Also, would a slower frame rate reduce the noise?

Granted, my lighting wasn't ideal today. The room was lit by two overhead 75 watt soft white lights. The room is only 12x12x9. Should I expect vast reduction in noise once I get proper lighting (i.e. 3 point lighting)?

thanks,

brian

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER POST you started....

Can you not post multiple threads when you ask the same question. I did my best to answer your other question that was easily searchable...

But try and hold off on posting additional threads when you already have 3 started basically asking the same thing....

PS: http://www.photoxels.com/tutorial_noise.html check that out..its more so for photography but still talks about CMOS sensors.

You did not jump into it too quick....when something better comes along..sell your cam and get that. There will rarely ever be a "perfect" time to be an owner of something, at least electronics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.