AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish5000HDMod-TU DST 51 combo hooked to the analog input of my Samsung 240T through a component out to VGA input cable (MediaLink HD videocable). The resolution on the monitor looks great but the color is very greenish and no adjustment I make to the monitor seems to help. Does this sound most likely to be a compatibility problem between the monitor and DST-51 or do you think it could be in the cable? I also have a MyHD card hooked to the 240T which displays beautifully both through the DVI interface (Radeon 9700) or thorough MyHD ouput hooked directly the the VGA port on the monitor.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most likely you have faulty cable or connection. Was TU-DST51 working correctly with another monitor at some point ? Try cleaning the component output of TU-DST51. I had similar situation when cable (Monster) got a bit lose and the picture got greenish greyish (Pr cable got disconnected)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bob,

How is this cable converting component to RGB? The Samsung 240T won't accept a component input. Or are you using a converter of some sort? What you are describing is exactly what I would expect if you try to feed a component (YUV) signal into an RGB display. There are several component-to-RGB adapters on the market. Here is one... http://www.keydigital.com/detail.asp...ct_ID=KD-CTCA2

Graham

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graham,

I think you are correct .....as in my setup there is no RGB conversion and on the analog input side of the 240T I bet it is looking for RGB.

Thanks,

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.