AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if I missed it in my search, but I've got a 5 year or so old 23" LCD TV that can do 720P but only has an NTSC tuner for OTA TV. Is there such an animal available that would allow me to capture OTA HD TV without spending an arm and a leg? From my limited research, it appears that most of the DTV converter boxes are only SD. It would be nice to get HD on the HDTV. My other options are convoluted with either a PC hooked up to it or an extender from my VMC.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetual98 /forum/post/15417999

Forgive me if I missed it in my search, but I've got a 5 year or so old 23" LCD TV that can do 720P but only has an NTSC tuner for OTA TV. Is there such an animal available that would allow me to capture OTA HD TV without spending an arm and a leg? From my limited research, it appears that most of the DTV converter boxes are only SD. It would be nice to get HD on the HDTV. My other options are convoluted with either a PC hooked up to it or an extender from my VMC.

It is possible to buy a digital tuner for your tv but they are more expensive than the computer video capture cards. What are the inputs on your LCD? Does it include component and HDMI inputs?

·
Registered
419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetual98 /forum/post/15417999

HD Tuner $79-- Centronics ZAT502 HD Terrestrial Digital ATSC Receiver (ZAT502HD)

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...?PROD=ZAT502HD

·
Registered
11,724 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
how about rca dtc-100 from ebay ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.