AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...im new to the site and fairly new to home projectors but have had my projector for some time now...i am the owner of an NEC VT465 projector and have been using the rgb input from my xbox 360 for sometime...i am pretty satisfied with the picture quality but i want to know what my options are as far as hd...i know there are converter boxes out there that take the hd signal from the xbox's hd cord and convert it to an rgb cable but the question is...is the box keeping the hd signal and just passing it to through the rgb cable or is it converting it back to standard definition then through to the rgb cable...and if its the first option i mentioned where can i get one and what should i be looking for...thanks a bunch in advance guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the projector specs show that it is capable of 1080i and 720p...i thought that was an hd format...correct me if im wrong...if i am correct how would i get that hd signal to it

·
Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby_cbs /forum/post/14208347

well the projector specs show that it is capable of 1080i and 720p...i thought that was an hd format...correct me if im wrong...if i am correct how would i get that hd signal to it

That just means that it can accept 1080i and 720P, not that it will display those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i trust you but i guess it dosnt make much sense to me...if it dosnt have a port for any type of hd cable which would mean that it would be impossable to hook an hd device up to it...so why would they give that option...frustrating

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby_cbs /forum/post/14209903

alright but its still gonna downconvert it right?

Correct -

Your projector, like all digital devices, has a native resolution and that is ALL you will ever get OUT of the PJ, in your case 800 x600.

The "compatible" range of signals allows you to input a wide range of content and it will all be converted up or down to no more than 800 x 600. The vga port on your PJ will accept RGB / component input so HD signals can be sent to your PJ but they will be downconverted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts