Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just got my Zenith 520 and D* HD package.

When watching in HD the little HD symbol lights up. It is one for HDnet and Showtime HD. However, when the Discovery Channel is on, for example, playing Trading Spaces, the HD little icon doesn't light up. So, is trading spaces not in HD? Also, if the HD MOVIE NET plays old movies, the liltle HD symbol doesn't light up. Can someone please explain to me what is going on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I do not have one of those but HD Discovery is HD. Compare to the SD picture, you should really notice the difference.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not saying it is not working and the picture is there - it is just that the HD symbol is not highlighted like it is on HDNET.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you need a little light to tell you if if is in HDTV, then you are in trouble.

·
Registered
255 Posts
hahaha, thats funn

Quote:
Originally posted by samiam95124
If you need a little light to tell you if if is in HDTV, then you are in trouble.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jscnyc
hahaha, thats funn
Does this mean I don't need witness holes on the back of my magazine to know how many bullets I have left? ;)

DiscoveryHD on DISH is definitely in HD.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure it is in HD, I am just wondering why the littel HD indicator on my Zenith 520 lights up for HDNET and Not Discovery HD. Does this happen for others who have the 520? I am just curious

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discovery HD is always in HD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ProfDave: I have the 520 STB and when I switch over to DiscHD, it takes approx. two seconds for the HD light to go on. Is it possible your banner is shutting down too quick after you select the station and you're not seeing the light come on? Just a thought.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by samiam95124
You know, you are exactly correct, but for newbies and J6P, I almost wish that the set manufacturers had a little light for every HDTV monitor to indicate when the set was receiving an HD signal. There are so many people who have bought HD sets who think that they have HD and complain that they don't see any big improvement in PQ with their sets.

The lack of general public knowledge of what it takes to get HD is ridiculous, and the BB, CC and other retail personnel who don't educate the buying public slows down the real deployment of HD to the masses IMO.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.