AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in Kentucky, outside the reach of the local affiliates, so i receive my DNS locals on Dish (i also have the Denver locals...to get more football coverage) :)

i recently purchased a HDTV set, and i'm starting to explore my options. It looks like Dish is the leader in programming (although i really wish they offered Universal HD!), but in this forum and others, and even on the DirectTV website, it is clear to me that I would qualify for at LEAST the New York HD feeds of ABC,CBS, and Fox on DirectTV (there is a Grade B NBC station that i'd have to get a waiver for).

i can't seem to find ANY information that indicates I could get any DNS HD feeds on Dish besides CBS...is this really the case? If so, that is really gonna make it hard for me to do any sort of upgrading to HD on Dish ( I currently have top 120 and DVR-522)...but even harder to decide if i should switch to DirectTV JUST for getting networks in HD....i DO watch a LOT of network programming, so it is a big deal for me.

so, is CBS-HD the only major DNS feed that Dish offers, or can us country foke get the others from some place like New York, as well on Dish??

And should i just sorta hold on until all the press conferences today at CES are finished, so that we'll know more?

(just for information purposes, my DNS stations right now come from Lexington, KY)

thanks!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I believe CBS is the only HD DNS channel that Dish offers. However, there has been talk that Dish will soon start offering HD LIL channels. More details may be available at CES.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm continuing to monitor DBSTalk today for announcements and such. hopefully, the networks will be an option for those of us that live in the boonies but still want high def.

btw...what exactly does LIL mean? i've seen it today posted elsewhere, and i think someone called it Locals-in-Locals or something like that?? but not sure i understand...

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
48,893 Posts
Yes, it means locals being delivered to a local market by DBS. Local-In-Local.

·
Premium Member
48,893 Posts
davec53: Have you looked into Canadian DBS? You could get east and west coast US network feeds, along with WGN TV and some other HD channels.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fredfa...

haven't considered that...wasn't even really aware of that option! lol...i will do some googling to see what i can see. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.