AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with this in the last few days to try and get playback on graphics cards that PowerDVD doesn't like, and also to allow screenshots.

Results so far

Blu-Ray (MPEG) playback/screen grabs with mostly free stuff

Install Graphedit, Matroska Splitter, FFDShow, Nvidia PureVideo

HD-DVD playback/screen grabs with mostly free stuff

Install Graphedit, Matroska Splitter, Sonic Cineplayer decoder pack

Open Graphedit

Select Graph ... Insert Filter .... DirectShow Filter ... Haali Media Splitter, then browse to the .EVO or . m2ts file you want captures from.

A box appears on the screen, with a video and audio tab, close the filter list,

right click on the Video tab and "render pin" (you might want to replace the default VMR filter with Video Mixing Renderer 9 for smoother playback)

right click on the Audio tab and "render pin" (you don't have to bother with this if you don't want sound)

You can now play and grab using "print screen", then save by pasting into Paint.

This only grabs at your set screen resolution so make sure you are full frame at 1080p before hitting the "print screen" key.

This also allows you to play back both HD formats without having to use or install PowerDVD, but it may not be smooth playback.

You will need AnyDVD HD (or an alternative method) to transfer the HD files to your PC so it's not completely free.

HD-DVD with only DTS-HD sound tracks are a problem that can be overcome using the Sonic HD Demuxer + Cinemaster Audio and Video Decoder filters.

Screen grabs taken using this method

·
Registered
327 Posts
nice info.thanks

which card and drive you have ? do you have to have br/hd combo drive to play back both or you can just play back ffrom files ?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a xbox 360 HD-DVD add on and a Pioneer BDC202 Blu-Ray drive connected to my PC. The intel 945 graphics is my problem.

But I'm playing off hard disk from the decrypted files (you only need the REALLY BIG file, sometimes there are 2).

If you insert the "FFDShow Audio Processor" filter between the Audio decoder and the Directsound device, it adds some nice audio mixing abilities.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I see. If you play directly from the big files, you lose ability to choose subtitle/sound track i.e things you can change with menu ?

Would you be able to play directly from the bdmv folder as if running from the disc directly ?

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matroska (Haali) allows you to change the audio track from it's tray icon.

I don't know anything about subtitles (but think you just need to add filters).

Pretty much everything apart from the big files is rubbish IMHO.

PowerDVD Ultra is quite happy to play from hard disk folders with full menu.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ah hah. That's what i heard about powerdvd. Any comment on Nero plugin that plays bd/hddvd ?

I'm getting my htpc built in a week or so and this is what I need to know to get all my files playing correctly.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A slightly more advanced Graphedit for HD-DVD

If you don't lock the clock in the audio render filter, sound will get out of sync.

Right click on any filter box to bring up the options screen for that filter.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm able to play HD-DVD .EVO files ripped to disk (AnyDVD HD) using Nero + Nero HD plugin on hardware that PowerDVD doesn't support. My motherboard is a BioStar TF7050. Unable to play King Kong on Nero though. A 4400+ Brisbane overclocked should be sufficient.

I'm hoping that the PowerDVD version that supports Intel's GMA 3x00 is released soon. That may be the hot single board HD HTPC system.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's only the graphics card that PowerDVD cares about, if anydvd HD is installed the motherboard doesn't (shouldn't) matter.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
He has built-in video on his motherboard. So "graphics card" = "motherboard" in his case.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So will this method currently work only in a windowed mode?

Any thoughts to a GUI to change the graphs automatically?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only limitation is the resolution you can set your screen.

You should be able to set the graphs into something like Zoomplayer.

·
Registered
698 Posts
mind doing a guide for this? sounds great!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
i'd like to know if it's possible to get purevideo hd to work w/o using wmp, powerdvd, or windvd for blu-ray/hd-dvd content. would players like vlc support purevideo hd?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
sarah99,

Thank you so much. These are nifty! I think I'll try them out on my G965 with ClearVideo instead of PureVideo, even though it looks like PowerDVD might support 945/965 now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenpc /forum/post/0

Any thoughts to a GUI to change the graphs automatically?

Now all these codecs are installed on my PC I have discovered that

....... wait for it ..........

Media player classic will now play .EVO and .m2ts files dropped onto it

but on the downside, it is a bit jerky, so I just need to work out how to force MPC to use the VM9 or Haali video renderer.

Here are a couple of grabs taken using MPC snapshot function, from viewing in a window, but saved as full 1080p resolution.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts