AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
will the 2.7 version on here take you back to that from 2.8?

Any hope at this point of a 2.9?

EDIT: ME LEARN TO SEARCH, THAT IS UNPOSSIBLE!

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizenga13 /forum/post/13332168

will the 2.7 version on here take you back to that from 2.8?

Any hope at this point of a 2.9?

EDIT: ME LEARN TO SEARCH, THAT IS UNPOSSIBLE!

convert you hd-xa2 to hd-xe1

XA2_1.3 - Copy.iso 37.40 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=yzh60y

HD-XE1 FW Ver2.0.iso 37.25 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=ht8mta

HD-Xa2 FW Ver2.501region free 36.60 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=464a4c

do it this way then use normal 2.7 or 2.8 for a hd-xe1 ..these are the files no matter what my file says

i did it like that to stop people from playing around with it

convert a hd-a2 to a hde1

hd-a2-to hd-e1- 1.6.iso 35.43 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=4ob9g3

HD-E1 FW Ver2.501region free - 35.81 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=w0w1fl (this firmware 2.501 is the hda2 cant be used on the hd-e1 direct)

then use 2.7 or 2.8 aus firmware

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdxa1user /forum/post/13339664

convert you hd-xa2 to hd-xe1
XA2_1.3 - Copy.iso 37.40 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=yzh60y

HD-XE1 FW Ver2.0.iso 37.25 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=ht8mta

HD-Xa2 FW Ver2.501region free 36.60 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=464a4c

do it this way then use normal 2.7 or 2.8 for a hd-xe1 ..these are the files no matter what my file says

i did it like that to stop people from playing around with it

I posted this question in the XA2 region-free thread but in any case--is that first step (download/install XA2 1.3 f/w) mandatory even if you don't want PAL? And if step #1 isn't necessary, I'd think that step #2 isn't required either...no?

I ask because I'm just looking to make my XA2 region-free...so if it's mandatory to first downgrade it to 1.3, I'd be interested in hearing as to why it's required. Also curious as to why step #2 is necessary if you can just hex-edit the firmware version number in the region-free f/w file...

If my XA2 is currently 2.5 (for the sake of argument) and I don't need PAL, shouldn't it be possible to just go straight to step #3 (download Aussie 2.5, hex-edit model string, install)?

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman /forum/post/13352583

I posted this question in the XA2 region-free thread but in any case--is that first step (download/install XA2 1.3 f/w) mandatory even if you don't want PAL? And if step #1 isn't necessary, I'd think that step #2 isn't required either...no?

I ask because I'm just looking to make my XA2 region-free...so if it's mandatory to first downgrade it to 1.3, I'd be interested in hearing as to why it's required. Also curious as to why step #2 is necessary if you can just hex-edit the firmware version number in the region-free f/w file...

If my XA2 is currently 2.5 (for the sake of argument) and I don't need PAL, shouldn't it be possible to just go straight to step #3 (download Aussie 2.5, hex-edit model string, install)?

if you just want to make your player play other ntsc regions then yes all you need to do is change it on 2.5 to the hdxa2 and it wont make it region free it will allow you to play other ntsc regions only...you dont need to go to 1.3 first you can go to anything under 2.0 as 2.0 is where the original switch happens in the firmware.to convert the player. a few people have tried to do it from 1.3 to 2.501 and not worked so i made it easy and used 2.0 where i know the switch works so they can be 100 % sure it worked..

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdxa1user /forum/post/13353112

if you just want to make your player play other ntsc regions then yes all you need to do is change it on 2.5 to the hdxa2 and it wont make it region free it will allow you to play other ntsc regions only...you dont need to go to 1.3 first you can go to anything under 2.0 as 2.0 is where the original switch happens in the firmware.to convert the player. a few people have tried to do it from 1.3 to 2.501 and not worked so i made it easy and used 2.0 where i know the switch works so they can be 100 % sure it worked..

LOL--my bad...yes I know that applying only the 2.5 hack doesn't make the XA2 (and A2) completely region-free...I forgot that for it to be completely region-free the PAL firmware is needed also (hence the requirement to install 2.0 or lower first...correct?) since not all non-Region 1 DVDs are NTSC (e.g., European DVDs).

Thanks for clarifying my concern!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase /forum/post/13330603

I don't think you can go back a version without some editing of the image file header. The machine checks to see if a newer version is loaded and stops. There is a discussion in the XA2 2.8 firmware thread, and someone posted a 2.7* version which is 2.7 firmware with a revision code above 2.8, so the player thinks it is newer firmware and will use it.

It may be nice to include this modified firmware version in the above listing, for those that don't like the result of 2.8.

Thanks ColdCase, second time you came to my rescue. I was able to revert to 2.7 from 2.8 for my XA2. Are you enjoying your Pioneer 6010? I certainly am. The 6010 Kuro is the best set I have ever owned.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the firmware and user manual links!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates them!

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlat /forum/post/13429777

What would be the firmware that i have to use for a venturer ?

The Venturer SHD7000 is a clone of the Toshiba A3/D3. The Venturer SHD7001 is the UK version.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great Job. Hdxa1user.

Is your 1.6 new.iso 35.43 MB going to work with a FW2.8 Hd-xa2? Do I still have to hex-edit it to something like FW2.9 to "fool" the device? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Thank you so much for this thread. My A1 started making a funny noise the other day. Not bad, but it's worrisome. So I bought a refurb A35 and now I have the software to upgrade it. Great thread!

·
Registered
858 Posts
So we all know the format is "dead" now, but what are the odds of Toshiba releasing a final firmware update? The only feature I want, and quite frankly am surprised that we don't have, is resume. Why does it seems so hard for HD video players to get this feature? Is the PS3 the only HD video player on the market right now that can resume?

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX /forum/post/13706253

So we all know the format is "dead" now, but what are the odds of Toshiba releasing a final firmware update? The only feature I want, and quite frankly am surprised that we don't have, is resume. Why does it seems so hard for HD video players to get this feature? Is the PS3 the only HD video player on the market right now that can resume?

In Japan Toshiba has promised to release a firmware update for HD-XA2 and HD-XF2 (equivalent of HD-A2) in mid-May. The main content of the update is adding support for playback of content recorded with Toshiba's HD DVD recorders that were sold in the Japanese market. I don't know if they will release an update globally as well and what other content it might have.

·
Registered
792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX /forum/post/13706253

It's not actually a surprise (to those in the know) that the resume function doesn't work. It has been talked about long and hard in these forums, and the answer is that a disc authored in "advanced" moded (which also includes more and more BD's) cannot easily save its state and then resume that state at a later time.

So, the short answer is no, we won't get that feature. (And the PS3 can't resume a Java-authored BD either)

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panny Man /forum/post/13675439

Hi All,

New firmware may be comming soon

Just read on AVforum about new firmware 2.9 and 2.1

When?

Thanks,

Gui.

21 - 40 of 176 Posts