AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
My favourite fw version is v2.0 because to me , the 5.1 analog audio sounds best with this.

I have been able to downgrade back to it from 2.2 and 2.4 without any hack just simply inserting the v2.0 iso disc in the player.

Tempted to try it but I just hope I would be able to downgrade again after should I prefer.

By the time you guys wake up, there should be some early user reports here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemetblk /forum/post/13724060

Toshiba has the new fw 3.0 up on their site for download.

http://tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-i...ngfirmware.asp

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemetblk /forum/post/13724060

Toshiba has the new fw 3.0 up on their site for download.

http://tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-i...ngfirmware.asp

I tried this twice both times I could not unzip the file, it had a CRC error, I was however able to plug the player in my DSL box and got it all OK that way, wonder what is going on?

This morning I tried the D/L again, this time all went well and it un-ziped with out error, made the image CD and updated the second A1 all OK, who knows? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Anyone have 1.2 or 1.3 for the A20? Or even 1.6? I want an earlier version before i try the PAL/Region Free hack on it so I know I can get back if I need to.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 /forum/post/13732725

Anyone have 1.2 or 1.3 for the A20? Or even 1.6? I want an earlier version before i try the PAL/Region Free hack on it so I know I can get back if I need to.

Hey Category.. I am also looking for this version. If you do get hold of it can you please pm me? I will do the same if I get my hands on it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpotturi /forum/post/13734042

Hey Category.. I am also looking for this version. If you do get hold of it can you please pm me? I will do the same if I get my hands on it.

Sure, but so far the search isn't going well. Someone MUST have it still on their hard drive somewhere.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdxa1user /forum/post/13744898

this is to convert your a20 to pal as i originally posted on the dtvforum

HD-A202.8-2.1 dg - Copy.iso 37.29 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=7cn8jq

then do this

HD-a20-EP10 2.5 +region free. 35.80 MB http://uploaded.to/?id=1z65uf

it will work fine

Thank you hdxa1user. Good to hear back from you. You were away from this forum for quite a while.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YWF /forum/post/13222427

I was going to start a thread like this but jruser beat me to it.
I was pasting all the links that I could find in a text file and was going to post it later this week when I had more. Here is what I have so far.

I have the HD-XA2 with 2.8v, is their a modified 2.7v file so that I can go back to the previous firmware? 2.8v causes "Jaggies". Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectra57 /forum/post/13784554

I have the HD-XA2 with 2.8v, is their a modified 2.7v file so that I can go back to the previous firmware? 2.8v causes "Jaggies". Thanks!

Hex editing isn't all that hard. Give it a try. First download HxD - Freeware Hex Editor.

Then download HD-XA2-2700N if you haven't already.

Open up the ISO in HxD and edit 0A8C (2700) to something higher than 0AF1 (2801). For example you could use 0AF2 (2802) or 0B56 (2902).

Now burn your firmware upgrade disc on a CDR with IMGBURN at a slow speed like 4X.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YWF /forum/post/13787175

Hex editing isn't all that hard. Give it a try. First download HxD - Freeware Hex Editor.

Open up the ISO in HxD and edit 0A8C (2700) to something higher than 0AF1 (2801). For example you could use 0AF2 (2802) or 0B56 (2902).

Now burn your firmware upgrade disc on a CDR with IMGBURN at a slow speed like 4X.

Nice

Bob

KG6TBY

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YWF /forum/post/13787175

Thank you!
I'll give it a try. Is there any chance that if I make a mistake I'll end up with a brick?
Has anyone posted a modified version?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectra57 /forum/post/13790221

Thank you!
I'll give it a try. Is there any chance that if I make a mistake I'll end up with a brick?
Has anyone posted a modified version?

No brick. THe part you're editing is just to tell the player the firmware you're trying to use is newer than the one already installed. If you screw it up the player will just refuse to update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

The jaggies that are mentioned with the 2.8 firmware for the HD-XA2...is the 2.8 firmware for the HD-A20 also affected? I recently got an HD-A20, anxiously looking forward to finally outputting 1080/24p (yes, my display can handle it) but sadly was disappointed with the picture. I used Transformers as a test. It wasn't as clear as 1080/60p and any time there was text on the screen it would shake/jump a little. Is that the same problem?

If so, would 2.7 fix this problem? How can I downgrade the firmware? Would it involve the same hex changes posted above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
The hex change is the same on the A2, A20 and XA2.

Open up the ISO in HxD and edit 0A8C (2700) to something higher than 0AF1 (2801). For example you could use 0AF2 (2802).

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 /forum/post/13792785

No brick. THe part you're editing is just to tell the player the firmware you're trying to use is newer than the one already installed. If you screw it up the player will just refuse to update.

Thank you, I have successfully returned my player back to 2.7!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Surprised to receive the Toshiba Update Disc Firmware Version 3.0 in the Mail today for the HD-A1/HD-XA1/HD-D1.

Lost track
- Just checked and my last update for my A-1 was Firmware Version 2.4 and I remember having to download that from the Toshiba website where I burned it on a CD on November 16, 2007.

Didn't think there'd be any more updates after HD DVD's demise and for Toshiba to send it to me is really cool

Guess I'll update the HD-A1 for the last time.

Paul

41 - 60 of 176 Posts