AVS Forum banner

If Studios were all Neutral? Could HD DVD & Blu-Ray Co-Exist after reading my POST?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- There has been a lot of Delusional FUD spreading all over the place with baseless rumours & non-factual information along with opinion made to sound like facts to say the least.

- How is HD DVD dead when there is over 1+ million Stand Alone players in the masses along with another reported 5+ million HD DVD based notebooks in the masses which should top up to 8+ million after Q4 2008.

- Even though Blu-Ray has more Studio Support, HD DVD still has LEGS to Run On to release HDM Big Time...

HD DVD:
DreamWorks

Paramount

Universal

Weinstein Company
Blu-Ray:
20th Century Fox

Disney/Buena Vista

Lionsgate

Sony Pictures/MGM/UA

Warner Bros.

Can both HD DVD & Blu-Ray Co-Exist? YES I believe they can right now: Here is why:

If all Studios were Neutral just as Warner was, both HD DVD & BD can work together to make HDM stronger.

Maybe they could have come out with a joint contract with HD DVD being in the home giving BD royalties & BD in the game machines & PC's giving HD DVD royalties.

Just like DivX in the PC & SD DVD in the Home. I know SD DVD makes a lot more money so let’s just even out the profits so both can excel to satisfy the different market sections.

I really hope this thread does not get closed. It's been quite ridiculous with all the locked threads lately. I've said nothing in my post to offend anybody.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
If all studios were neutral HD DVD would win this hands down. It wouldn't even be a fight.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
But all studios aren't neutral and some very strongly don't want to be.

So your question amounts to "if everyone stopped fighting, could we have world peace?" Sure we could. But that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher /forum/post/12968511

If all studios were neutral HD DVD would win this hands down. It wouldn't even be a fight.

Yes I agree. Hey arent you on Hi Def Forums also?

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's a nice thought and I am also of the camp that doesnt consider HD DVD dead, but they are wobbling a bit and need to release some solid titles in the near future to help themselves. Unfortunately, your premise depends on HD DVD and Blu-Ray working together, which unless there is some huge shift away from $$$ and towards consumers, is not likely to happen in our lifetime. It's unfortunate, but that's business to them. Kudos for at least putting ideas out there and not just bashing either format.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Which studios dislike, cannot, do not want to output movies for HD DVD? Does the BDA pay them really well, or are the incentives that much better?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by binici /forum/post/12968618

Which studios dislike, cannot, do not want to output movies for HD DVD? Does the BDA pay them really well, or are the incentives that much better?

Maybe both? But once Sony stops subsidizing studios, we can all expect blu-Ray movie prices to sky rocket. One reason why I think Blu-Ray is not good for the consumers.

·
23,030 Posts
Sorry. You're thread brings up nothing new that hasn't been discussed many times over. Like has been said before, it's not over till it's over.
When either format has no content delivered it will die. Either that or if nobody buys it. Until then, nothing is different. Saying things over and over and speculating doesn't change anything. The best thing to do is buy all the titles you can and email the studios. There's no guarantee either format is going to survive. Also, notice there are already threads open discussin these things. Adding new one doesn't help.

larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.