AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a new Pany LCD HDTV, and im hungry for HDTV content to try on the TV, Im gettinh Directv HD next week, but on the meanwhile I downlaoded some HD videos from the internet and they look amazing on the PC, the problem is that I cant seem to find a way to transfer them to a DVD-Compatible format without loosing quality! The original HD videos are on WMV or Divx format, and when I transfer them to Mpeg-2 DVD the highest res I can get is 720x480, but I want to mantain 1280x720 to mantain the HD! is there anyway that I can achieve this? I have tried all sorts of video coverters and all of em have the same 720x480 limitation..is there anyway around this??? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
hoshu35,

I think you either have to buy a video editor that does HDTV resolutions or play the movie off your hard drive and output through an HDTV compatible video card to your display.

Stace

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Check the standard definition DVD player section -- there are several DVD players available that will play the WMV HD movies.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you sure about that? I've seen players that can do WMV SD but don't think I've seen players that can do WMV HD. But I've been wrong before. ;)

-Smokey.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Hi, I just bought a new Pany LCD HDTV, and im hungry for HDTV content to try on the TV, Im gettinh Directv HD next week, but on the meanwhile I downlaoded some HD videos from the internet and they look amazing on the PC, the problem is that I cant seem to find a way to transfer them to a DVD-Compatible format without loosing quality! The original HD videos are on WMV or Divx format, and when I transfer them to Mpeg-2 DVD the highest res I can get is 720x480, but I want to mantain 1280x720 to mantain the HD! is there anyway that I can achieve this? I have tried all sorts of video coverters and all of em have the same 720x480 limitation..is there anyway around this??? Thanks!!!
If you want to spend $50-60 you can use the Canopus Procoder Express encoder.

This can transcode your HD videos to WMV HD, 720p (1280x 720). You can vary the

file size to suit your media, 4.7gb for instance. Unfortunately they don't offer a free

trial but I can say that this does work. Although this can take considerable time depending on file size, computer speed etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.